From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView vs LabWindows/CVI

"able to produce more work" Smiley Very Happy

This is exactly the problem with LabView.

More work, because less productive.

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 221
(12,202 Views)

Let me rephrase that, "accomplish more work per unit time, using LabVIEW". I had typed a bunch more, but ... Pick the environment you prefer, find stuff to do in it, be happy.  To paraphrase a comedy line from the "Saturday Night Live" TV show of many years ago, "LabVIEW has been very good to me!"

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 72 of 221
(12,193 Views)

@LV_Pro wrote:

Let me rephrase that, "accomplish more work per unit time, using LabVIEW". I had typed a bunch more, but ... Pick the environment you prefer, find stuff to do in it, be happy.  To paraphrase a comedy line from the "Saturday Night Live" TV show of many years ago, "LabVIEW has been very good to me!"

My favorite line from the OLD SNL was from the skit where they where parodying (SP???) "Leave it to Beaver" when Edie Haskle replied to Beavers' laments when Beaver said "If I had a gun, I'd shot myself!" and Eddie replied, "Here Beave, you can borrow mine!'

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 73 of 221
(12,189 Views)

@Ali65 wrote:

"able to produce more work" Smiley Very Happy

This is exactly the problem with LabView.

More work, because less productive.

I am still not sure if you are just playing a troll here or if you really have something useful to say.

Form what I can tell, you have not been exposed to LabVIEW much, not even to a point where you know how to correctly capitalize the word. 😄 For that reason, your statements come up as very lightweight and sound more like a preconceived opinion than something based on real facts and practical experience.

This is a professional board, so please write a few coherent sentences detailing your reasoning. Simple one-liner slogans are not very useful.

Thanks for playing!

0 Kudos
Message 74 of 221
(12,189 Views)

This is so funny, i restart this topic 6 month ago to try to understand the pro and cons between LV and CVI. I get few objectives answers and a lot of trolling.

I finally went for LV (well actually the full dev system to keep options open). Basicly because the NI ecosystem created around labview to design Test System and intrument control is very good and provides fast results. And this is not just thanks to LV but mostly thanks to all nice work that NI has put around in drivers and framworks.

At the same time i will never use LV to design a software that is not instrument related. And I'm sure nobody at microsoft or google even ever considered using a langage like LV to design Chrome or Windows. I think LV belong to a specific word and his far better than CVI when this is about instrumentation.

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 221
(12,188 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@LV_Pro wrote:

My favorite line from the OLD SNL was from the skit where they where parodying (SP???) "Leave it to Beaver" when Edie Haskle replied to Beavers' laments when Beaver said "If I had a gun, I'd shot myself!" and Eddie replied, "Here Beave, you can borrow mine!'

Ben

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/explode-a-subvi/m-p/338718/highlight/true#M173786

Message 77 of 221
(12,213 Views)

Kudos for a impresive memory!

I will not make any excuses for mine. Smiley Tongue

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 78 of 221
(12,198 Views)

The Kudos was nice from you, even if it belong to G

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 221
(12,193 Views)

For your entertainment Ben:

http://www.fullduplex.org/humor/2006/10/how-to-shoot-yourself-in-the-foot-in-any-programming-languag...

If you find a really good way to do this in LabView, please share Smiley Wink

Message 80 of 221
(12,188 Views)