From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW in the movies

I came up with this idea while answering a recent post from someone named "Clint Eastwood"

Take a movie quote.  Now, change one or two words to reference LabVIEW.  For example:

"Go ahead.... Make my day" --> "Go ahead .... Make my VI"

"These aren't the droids we're looking for" --> "These aren't the VI's we're looking for"

"It's alive!" --> "It's a VI"  (my current favorite)

Anybody got any contributions?

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

Message 1 of 86
(18,364 Views)
You rush a miracle man, you get rotten VIs.
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 2 of 86
(18,355 Views)
"You want the truth? You can't HANDLE the TRUTH!" - > "You want scripting? You can't HANDLE SCRIPTING!"

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 3 of 86
(18,331 Views)

It's 106 miles vis to Chicago milestone, we've got a full tank of gas battery, a half a pack of cigarattes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses

org BB sound

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 4 of 86
(18,332 Views)
"Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?" --> "Local Variable, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?"
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 5 of 86
(18,327 Views)

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody!" (On the Waterfront, 1954)

...into...

"You don't understand! I could've been a LVOOP class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody!" - as spoken by a standard Generic class specifier constant.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 6 of 86
(18,324 Views)

"You're gonna need a bigger boat monitor" (Jaws & new labview users with diagram bloat)

"I'll be back" (terminator, governator & shift register)

"Houston Austin, we have a problem" (Apollo 13 & LabVIEW bugs).

Message 7 of 86
(18,304 Views)

I'm saying it because it's true.  Inside the loop, we both know you belong with LabVIEW.  You're part of his work, the thing that keeps him going. 

If that project leaves the ground and VIs are not a part of it, you'll regret it. 

Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of the project's life.

*edit* 

Found another I couldn't resist. 

There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of other development eviroments, is there?

Randal Graves, from Clerks

More Clerks:

Dante Hicks:   You hate programing!
Randal Graves: But, I love LabVIEW, isn't it ironic?

Randal Graves:  This program would be great if it wasn't for the fu**ing local variables.

Message Edited by pallen on 06-03-2009 11:13 AM
---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 86
(18,297 Views)
Deckard (looking at a local variable): "She's a replicant, isn't she?" (Blade Runner)
Message 9 of 86
(18,293 Views)
LabVIEW, the final frontier.  These are the versions of the National Instruments.  Its copyrighted mission, to seek out new pc's, new software, to boldly test what has never been tested before!
-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

Message 10 of 86
(18,270 Views)