BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Minutiae (that may bite you someday)

I usually use the OpenG 1D array to string VI, which removes the trailing chars.

(14,675 Views)

This was discussed here 5 years ago. Still not reported in the help... 😞

18685i1E85D8A1A9520CFE

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 22 of 131
(14,665 Views)

@chilly charly wrote:

This was discussed here 5 years ago. Still not reported in the help... 😞

18685i1E85D8A1A9520CFE

Is your number of elements uneven?

Why don't you post a snippet?

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 131
(14,610 Views)

It must be fixed in LV 2009:

18797i783B95D92611864B

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 131
(14,602 Views)

It works in 8.5 and 8.6. I don't have any older versions to test it with.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 131
(14,600 Views)

Behavior in LV6i is same as LV9, which is the expected behavior.  Even number of elements, array is unchanged and comparison is false (equal).  Odd number of elements, last element is dumped by decimation/interleaving, comparison is true (not equal).  Empty array returns false (equal).

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 131
(14,548 Views)

OK, Darin and Ton spotted the issue (discussed here in 2005) : with an odd number of elements, the decimate array drops the last element, instead of creating arrays of different lengths. Even if this is the intended behaviour, I still think it is inappropriate.

I was wrong : This is now properly documented in the help (seems I didn't read the help til the end before sending my previous post 😞 ... or the french version has not been updated... this was the case in LV 8.2. I have to check the last version).

@Ton

I don't post snippets because LV9 is not installed on the laptop I'm using presently. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 131
(14,533 Views)

@chilly charly wrote:

@Ton

I don't post snippets because LV9 is not installed on the laptop I'm using presently. 😉

Try using the current version of the CCT (see Ton's signature). It can create snippets in all versions from 7.0 and up and there are even ways of importing those snippets in versions earlier than 2009.

Oh, and it also still has your name in the about screen. If you're not using it, we're going to have to take it off! 😉

tst a écrit :

chilly charly wrote: @Ton : I don't post snippets because LV9 is not installed on the laptop I'm using presently. 😉

Try using the current version of the CCT (see Ton's signature). It can create snippets in all versions from 7.0 and up and there are even ways of importing those snippets in versions earlier than 2009.

Oh, and it also still has your name in the about screen. If you're not using it, we're going to have to take it off! 😉

Hmmmmm.... sarcasm ...   

😄

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 131
(14,495 Views)

@tst wrote:

[...] there are even ways of importing those snippets in versions earlier than 2009.

Here's a JKI RCF plug-in to extract snippets from a Block Diagram png.  I've attached an llb that I have in my /project folder that'll do the same thing.  I prefer the plug-in over the library because I, too, love to right-click on stuff.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 30 of 131
(14,485 Views)