BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knights of NI (no shruberies here!)

Nice nomination JLV,

He reminds me a lot of Mike Dubea (spelling is probably wrong phonetically it is something like "due - by" I think.). (BTW: coming from me that is a compliment).

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 11 of 38
(12,063 Views)
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but here is my view on this. To quote Ben, the knights are "those contributors that have given us the gift of knowledge". While I will acknowledge that I do qualify for this technically (even for people in this thread), I think that something like this should be reserved for a select few, who really know how LV works and reacts from the inside. That's why all those I suggested were from NI (and this list would go on to include people like Johnner or Aaron if their contributions seemed less specific [internet and Fieldpoint, in those cases], although they should get it, don't get me wrong). For that I definitely don't qualify.
I may be a fast learner and a serious and sincere responder, but I am not an expert. There are many many things I don't know about LV, some of them very basic, just because my work with LV didn't take me there. I just like poking my nose into things and seeing "what will happen if I do this?". I also follow debates here because I learn a lot from them.
I do hope to qualify for this in the future (after overtaking Dennis?), but not yet.

Do not so quickly dismiss yourself!

I used to work for an ex-WO4 (WO4 = warrent officer 4, which requires an act of congress) that seldom answered questions directly but rather would ask questions who's answer was the answer to the original Q posted to him. Yes, Socratic method.

Sometimes asking the right questions can be as enlightening as giving an answer.

I second YOU tst because of your energy and your willingness to "dump your guts" and confess your limitations.

Now I have to get back to keeping JLV in line.

Benjamin Anthony Rayner Jr.

aka

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 13 of 38
(11,892 Views)
Damien Gray.
Another one of those expert NI guys.
As before, I can't think of any specific thread, but that's probably because they're all good.
BTW, am I a knight now? Who decides? Maybe I should change the name to Sir tst...

Incidentally, I was wondering - what happens if a woman becomes a knight? What would her title be? Just wondering...

Thinking about some more, I object less about being nominated. If uncle Billy and Elton John can be knights, so can I!

Excellent nomination!

Yes, once you are nominated you are one!

So what is the "sir" equivelent, sirette?

I have to ask my wife, she knows all that kind of stuff.

Ben
Message 15 of 38
(11,862 Views)
I think it is "Lady"

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 16 of 38
(11,859 Views)
What??

So what's up with the Nights thing??

I don't understand..

Why Knights? Isn't Enthusiats enough?? And NI people get paid for this, don;t they?

It's Friday, the sw doesn't work.. it's been a long week..
And I'm not allowed to be in a Forum (new rule)...

-- sigh --

JLV (aka. Sleepless Night)

😉
Message 17 of 38
(11,850 Views)
Hi JLV,

If you look down to where I started this thread, you will see that I just wanted to gather in one place our recognition of others without invoking a lot of rules.

The "Knight of NI" was suposed to be a play on the title from Monty Pythons Quest for the Holy Grail >> "Knights of NEE".

Ben
Message 18 of 38
(11,851 Views)
I'm slow this week..

sorry...
Message 19 of 38
(11,830 Views)
I would like to nominate Donald as the newest member of the Knights of NI.

In this thread

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=119433&jump=true

he taught me that the "format into string" will return the string associated with an enum.

Thank you Donald!

Ben
Message 20 of 38
(11,726 Views)