BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's confirmed.. 2012 is the end of the world...

@SnowMule wrote:

From that vantage point you should be able to see the end of the world.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 111 of 229
(8,536 Views)

With all those forest fires, it must seem like the end of the world.  😞

0 Kudos
Message 112 of 229
(8,496 Views)

It does seem like it from where I am.

0 Kudos
Message 113 of 229
(8,490 Views)

Some pics from friends...

Message 114 of 229
(8,473 Views)

Well,

That seals the deal!  I will not be buying Christmas presents before the winter sostace

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 115 of 229
(8,423 Views)

Out shooting loud toys in the morning at one of (if not) the best public range in the state, then shooting with the Nikon at FIBArk in the afternoon.  Big whitewater festival that's been going on for 60-some years on the Arkansas river.

They hold a "hooligan race" where crews build a raft and float it down the river (which was running 300-something CFM, as opposed to the 700-something it normally flows... good for feeshing, not good for ww/kayaks). Some interesting designs this year. Smiley Happy

These pros are fun to watch.

Rice bowl, anyone? Smiley Very Happy (this one fared quite well)

And topped off the evening with BBQ, beers, and music in a friend's backyard. :cheers

0 Kudos
Message 116 of 229
(8,387 Views)

What range are you talking about?

0 Kudos
Message 117 of 229
(8,360 Views)

The one in Salida... right next to the landfill. Smiley Very Happy

Couple of pistol ranges...

And a rifle range with steel targets to 500+yds. Smiley Wink  Shotgun range out there too.

0 Kudos
Message 118 of 229
(8,349 Views)

@SnowMule wrote:

The one in Salida... right next to the landfill. Smiley Very Happy

Couple of pistol ranges...

And a rifle range with steel targets to 500+yds. Smiley Wink  Shotgun range out there too.

And on the topic of guns...

I was like a kid riding without training wheels last night. While I had been qualified with weapons while in the Navy, I only fired them under supervision and since then using my friends weapons with them standing by.

Well last night I transitioned from a gun owner to practitioner.

The first round was a complete disapointment since I clearly did not hit the target or did I even have an idea of where the round went. Bummer.

Worked hard to keep both eyes open for the next two rounds where I was thinking I was going to be saving a lot of money on targets at this rate.

Doing some sanity checks I decided the scope was not alligned correctly and went with the gut feel that my shots were low and to the left.

I compensated by aiming high and to the right and to my suprise I actually detected what may have been a hole in the target. The spotting scope confirmed.

The remaing six round hit the target!

I was smiling ear to ear and gave teh wife a double hug when she got home to celebrate.

Now I am going to have to figure out how to use those knobs on the scope so I can spend lots of money on targets.

I was using an SKS at 50 yards.

I may end up framing that target since it was my first solo outing.

Still psyced,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 119 of 229
(8,321 Views)
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 120 of 229
(8,290 Views)