From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's confirmed.. 2012 is the end of the world...

What a strange spring..  or month of March.

While enjoying +25degC (78 F) in Ottawa, ON Canada, I saw on the news that Los Angeles was enjoying some snow.  Same for Arizona.  Both normally known for warmer weather.

Today, we're expecting temperatures reaching 80F (+27C).

We'll soon start calling the USA the Great White South.  LOL!!

This is great weather that everyone enjoys...  It is definitely unusual, especially with the snow in LA.

Oh yeah...  the end of the world thing..  Well, although I don't think everything will end on Dec 21, 2012, I'd hate to miss out on that prediction.

😄

Hey Altenbach, did you get a chance to build a snowman with your grand-daughter?  Hopefully, it did not harm your citrus trees.

What would be a good location to move Santa's Village?  Colorado, Utah, Maine?

😄

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 229
(14,714 Views)

Ray.R wrote: 

Hey Altenbach, did you get a chance to build a snowman with your grand-daughter?  Hopefully, it did not harm your citrus trees.

It actually only went below freezing in the inland valleys, we remained well above that at the coast.

This is not January 15, 1932 😄

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 229
(14,704 Views)

So the end of the world for only the inland parts of LA 😉

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 229
(14,701 Views)

No snow here (Colorado) either.... shortest snowmobiling season I've ever seen.  There's still a bit of snow in the southern zones but what little is there is disappearing fast.

First ride was 29Dec, my last was 24Feb with a failed connecting rod bearing... even then, you can get a pickup truck most of the way up into the snowies right now.

Got the bike into some dirt last weekend, first dirt ride last year was mid-May and the trails were in the same condition. Smiley Frustrated  Even the harleys are out now, so you know the weather's warm Smiley LOL

(that's Pike's Peak in the background)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 229
(14,678 Views)

nice view

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 229
(14,637 Views)

Here in Norway I enjoy 15-20 degrees celcius in the sun, while it should have been snow and around -10 degrees celcius. We only had two winter months. It started to snow in december, on the first day of Christmast we had +10 degrees and i February the snow was gone. 

Some weeks ago, I heard that in the middle-east it had started to snow in Israel.

6b4.jpg U mad, Israel? 

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 229
(14,599 Views)

@Even Deejay wrote:

Some weeks ago, I heard that in the middle-east it had started to snow in Israel.

U mad, Israel? 

Not at all. Israel (as well as Lebanon and Syria) gets snow every year in the high places. Definitely anywhere above ~1500m and in extreme winters also in places which are above ~500m.

There was even some slight snowing once (about 60 years ago) where I live, and that's 200m below sea level and has the hottest documented temperature measured in Asia, but that's really a rare occurence. Where I live does usually go below freezing during some nights in the winter, but snow isn't on the menu.

This year had more snow than most, but still not a lot compared to the extreme years.

Maybe the weather is changing because of the changing of the polarities of the earth?

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 229
(14,591 Views)

Can I get my license for LV 2012 pro-rated since it will not be of any good after December?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 229
(14,578 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Can I get my license for LV 2012 pro-rated since it will not be of any good after December?

Ben

Just pay for it with a credit card and make minimum payments until then.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 10 of 229
(14,574 Views)