BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's The Return (for those who didn't know)

AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

Any LabVIEW drivers for it? 🙂

We could throw it on the passenger seat of this truck. Does that qualify?

(LabVIEW IS the driver, right? 🐵

(Scope model is EUW-25. All tubes. Haven't plugged it in yet to see if it still works)

Message 11 of 16
(4,836 Views)

altenbach wrote:

(Scope model is EUW-25. All tubes. Haven't plugged it in yet to see if it still works)

If you want to be kind to the old man scope, think about some capacitor forming before you give full power.

There are some good instructions in the web on how to power up old tube (radio) equipment after a long retirement.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 12 of 16
(4,810 Views)

Yes, please do this, the sound of an old capacitor blowing up is memorable, but not something you want in an old treasure!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(4,788 Views)

<sea Story> 

as if you were not expecting oneSmiley Wink

The SPS-10 surface search radar has seen active duty since WWII.  Serial#1 was introduced to me at "ET"A school Great Lakes circa 1987,  it rolled of the line without a single transistor in it....They bright boys at AT&T had not yet invented the transistor.  Co-oincedentally Serial#2 was installed on my first ship (USS San Bernardino- LST 1189)

Frequent conversations went simillar to...

Some officer at Oh-dark-thirty in the A.M.: "The Radar is down"

Me: Coffee.....

Some officer at Oh-dark-thirty in the A.M.: Here's the Radar equipment room Petty Officer Bohrer.

Me"  OK, Turn off the overheads will you sir? (Room lighting is allways refered to as "The Overheads" aboard)

Some officer at Oh-dark-thirty in the A.M.:" Are you still asleep?

Me:  NO! Equipment is down and the tube without glowing filliments is the likely problem! Now please kill the lights so I can find the broken vacuum.

<It happened more than once>  Some day I might tell you all about the time I was brought to Captain's
Mast for telling some Jr. Officer "I have almost troubleshot the Automatic Frequency Control problem.  Its either the phantastron or the reflex klystron"

(The Reflex Klystron's probe needed to be extented to solve)  <They do wear>   The Jr. Officer thought I was being "Glib" and wrote me up for stating the technical truth.

Spellings of homonyms provided by the LMB.Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 14 of 16
(4,758 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

<sea Story> 

<It happened more than once>  Some day I might tell you all about the time I was brought to Captain's
Mast for telling some Jr. Officer "I have almost troubleshot the Automatic Frequency Control problem.  Its either the phantastron or the reflex klystron"

I had to look up that phantastron 😄

The wikipedia link to ph3sampleman.pdf (?) is dead, but I found

http://www.mashpedia.com/videoplayer.php?q=JNh5Q6WCNjI

🙂

Thanks Jeff

EDIT: here is more:

http://www.virhistory.com/mwg-internal/de5fs23hu73ds/progress?id=w1ifwLhH6V

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(4,737 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

(The Reflex Klystron's probe needed to be extented to solve)  <They do wear>   The Jr. Officer thought I was being "Glib" and wrote me up [...]

That sentence instantly made me think of the turbo entabulator and I drew the same conclusion as the Jr. officer.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(4,717 Views)