BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Stuff

IN this thread

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=223602&jump=true

Janell post a good reason why I never liked the auto-tool selection option. Smiley Wink (aside from it being TOO slow!).

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 01-12-2007 01:40 PM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 71 of 128
(16,271 Views)

JPD posted

"

VIs to convert a C enum statement into a LabVIEW enum. If the values are no consecutive, a lookup table VI is also created to convert the enum to its related value.
"

Here.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 72 of 128
(16,092 Views)
Craig explains the details of dynamic events handling here.

Do you have a Nintendo Wii?

If so, you can use its Wiimote with LabVIEW.

Travis provides some details about the 8.x variant representation here.

In reply #29 of this thread

ChrisRP tells us that the edit performance of LV 8.2 can be improved if all shared vaibles are placed in sub-VI's ! Smiley Surprised

From where I sit, this is another data point that shows that shared variable nodes are really X-nodes that wrap up a data socket read, but I am just speculating. Smiley Wink

Ben
Message 76 of 128
(15,857 Views)
Just to clarify -

"Allow multiple instance of VI in executable" - The INI key allows multiple instances of the same application, not of a specific VI inside an application. For that you would use reentrant VIs or VITs.

In this thread Darren explains how to make the LV 8.5 palettes look like the 8.2 set.

Ben

Message 79 of 128
(15,486 Views)

I posted a useful utility to the LAVA forums here and wouldn't mind getting some feedback.

The most recent version is in reply 31, but you can read the rest of the thread as well.