From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indians thread

Dear Partha,

Here in this thread, what you mean to say? Am i a Christian (Sorry)? Or am i like a step-brother? If so for whom?  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 81 of 1,232
(10,911 Views)
I suppose (am not very sure) he meant that you are like a brother to him.
Message 82 of 1,232
(10,908 Views)

Somil wrote:

What major festivals are celebrated in South India? I asked my room mate who is a tamilian. He said Pongal. i asked why you celebrate that? He said i dont knowSmiley Very Happy hehehe

Pongal is Shankranti, harvest festival or thanks giving festival to the Sun God!

Ugadi (New Year) in AP & KA on the same day & a week later in TN.

Onam, only in Kerala (God's own country). Smiley Wink

Vinayak Chathurthi in AP, KA & TN, except Kerala.

Saraswathi/Ayudh Pooja & Vijayadhasami in AP, KA & TN, except Kerala.

Chithirai Festival in Madurai during the hot month of April (right from TN's new year day on Apr 14th), culminating in the celestial wedding of Goddess Meenakshi with Lord Sundareswarar.

P.S :- AP - Andhra Pradesh - the 2nd largest linguistic state in India after UP (Uttat Pradesh)

KA - Karnataks - the state that has the IT capital/hub of India Bangalore

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 83 of 1,232
(10,905 Views)
Ok so here is the news. I will be in india for diwali. Hmmm a break after a bit of slogging.
0 Kudos
Message 84 of 1,232
(10,905 Views)
How about an enthusiast celebrations in chennai? :smileysurprised:
0 Kudos
Message 85 of 1,232
(10,909 Views)

muks wrote:
I suppose (am not very sure) he meant that you are like a brother to him.

Yes! Smiley Happy

I think Mathan didnt read the meaning given a bit down in that link. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 86 of 1,232
(10,908 Views)

muks wrote:
How about an enthusiast celebrations in chennai? :smileysurprised:

You WILL be the only Engineer left in Chennai during Diwali, if you are unmarried. Smiley Wink  All ll go to home(town).

I invite you to Madurai to my home for Diwali. Mathan can also join with us. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 87 of 1,232
(10,904 Views)

Great.

But i think here in south, raksha bandhan is not celebrated. i had a conversation with a few people and they told me that it is not celebrated.

Somil Gautam
Think Weird
0 Kudos
Message 88 of 1,232
(10,903 Views)

Great.

But i think here in south, raksha bandhan is not celebrated. i had a conversation with a few people and they told me that it is not celebrated.

I think it is being celebrated.

0 Kudos
Message 89 of 1,232
(10,899 Views)

You WILL be the only Engineer left in Chennai during Diwali, if you are unmarried. :smileywink:  All ll go to home(town).

I invite you to Madurai to my home for Diwali. Mathan can also join with us. :smileyhappy:

obviously not on diwali. A coupleof days after diwali is what i meant. You guys anyway have to return right?

0 Kudos
Message 90 of 1,232
(10,882 Views)