From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignore

Hi!

Since we got alot of spams i reported them to moderators and ignored the users, yet i see their threads/posts. Shouldn't a thread started by an ignored user be hidden? Or is this something for Idea Exchange?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,943 Views)

While i concur that posts from an ignored user should be hidden (filter option), regarding spam this might be a "dangerous" solution.

a) Spammer often change their names. Do you really want to ignore 100s of login-names?

b) In my experience, most spam attacks take about half a day of clean up for the NI webteam. As spam attacks like the current one is occurring quite seldom, i think that waiting for the cleanup is better than trying to filter out the spam by ignoring the creating users.....

c) If spam is only filtered out, it still hogs the webpage. So performance side, deleting spam posts is way better than (client side?) filter

just my 3 cents,

Norbert

PS: I understand that, as long as the spam is up, using the forums is very.... tedious. Still i think that ignoring isn't part of a professional solution.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,938 Views)

I've reported them but as a ordinary forum user cant delete the threads or accounts. As you said using the forum gets tedious and  if my ignoring them will filter _while_ NI cleans stuff up i dont really see any downside.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,879 Views)