Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea Exchange: Post your lonely orphans

@altenbach wrote:

(Jack, are you reading this?)

Affirmative, Ghost Rider.

Message 21 of 107
(7,532 Views)

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Allowing-proxy-settings-for-LV/idi-p/1229463

my little lonelly orphan ... not a critical one, but would help a lot at work 🙂

--------------------------------------------------
Regards,

PacHOOk
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 107
(7,497 Views)

Short story "Choose Discusion Forum or Idea Exchange", I chosse discusion forums.

But I still have ideas so I'll post them here and if anyone likes them enough to write them good, if not they probably would have failed anyway.

Idea:

When re-sizing a Build array,

instead of displaying the size in pixels (useful on FP but worthless on Build array nodes in diagram)

I want to see the number of inputs.

Same idea for other re-sizable operators.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 107
(7,423 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Short story "Choose Discusion Forum or Idea Exchange", I chosse discusion forums.

But I still have ideas so I'll post them here and if anyone likes them enough to write them good, if not they probably would have failed anyway.

Idea:

When re-sizing a Build array,

instead of displaying the size in pixels (useful on FP but worthless on Build array nodes in diagram)

I want to see the number of inputs.

Same idea for other re-sizable operators.

Ben

Done, c/o altenbach. Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 107
(7,417 Views)

@JackDunaway wrote:

Thanks for the advertisement!

This is actually one of my favorite ideas, but it has received relatively little traction for some reason.

(The idea entered my mind very long ago, probably in the last century ;))

:D:D:DAll I want for Thanksgiving is for everybody to give Kudos to it! :D:D:D

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 107
(7,402 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

This is actually one of my favorite ideas, but it has received relatively little traction for some reason.

I like this idea a lot also, and I'm surprised it doesn't have more votes.  Maybe because it doesn't have the signature way-cool altenbach screenshots that we've grown to love from all your other great ideas?  😉

Message 26 of 107
(7,425 Views)

You have my vote (after all it adheres to the If it is something I would have said" rule).

If you are reading this thread and have not given that idea a good read and a vote then I ask you to reconcider.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 27 of 107
(7,424 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@JackDunaway wrote:

Thanks for the advertisement!

(The idea entered my mind very long ago, probably in the last century ;))

:D:D:DAll I want for Thanksgiving is for everybody to give Kudos to it! :D:D:D

Pssst Christian, just between me and you ...

Spoiler

Write up a Nugget about this great new feature you discovered while Beta Testing 2011.

What do they say in marketing about "if you have a new idea you have to develop the market" ? Just call it LV marketing as part of your Champions duties.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 107
(7,416 Views)

@Darren wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

I like this idea a lot also, and I'm surprised it doesn't have more votes.  Maybe because it doesn't have the signature way-cool altenbach screenshots that we've grown to love from all your other great ideas?  😉

Could it also be the last remnant of code actually written by Jeff K that has not been changed since...?

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 107
(7,413 Views)

c'mon, do the math it is both fun and good for you.  Smiley Tongue

(I always thought you should be able to double-click and enter the number of terminals in a small dialog, a la Array to Cluster)

Message 30 of 107
(7,408 Views)