BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone, IPod touch application

Hi,

Several day ago i have posted a thread about experience in web application programming of IPhone or Ipod  Touch.
But nobody took response on it.

So tought lets starting an off the Topic thread here

Normally I am a TestStand guy who uses C++, C# ,CVI for his projects. But at my leisure time
I try learning something about webprogamming using asp.net

I aim is clear. I want to show  the speed of a motor in gauge on Ipod.
I got this stuff running on PlayStationPortable but it was flickering because on this browser there is no XmlHttpRequest support.

So is anybody out there who has some experience on the Ipod?
It must be not a webapplication. If there is a LabView application for the Ipod/IPhone  (MAC?) OS it would be nice to hear from
you.

greetings

juergen
--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
Message 1 of 11
(11,151 Views)

If there is a LabView application for the Ipod/IPhone  (MAC?) OS it would be nice to hear from
you.
I really doubt if anybody would have even thought abt itSmiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 11
(10,891 Views)
Hi,

At the moment i looks like that...

Greetings

juergen
--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(10,881 Views)
Hi juergen,
                  Expecting something like this (Just for fun)

Message Edited by muks on 08-07-2008 11:02 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(10,851 Views)
If you want some serious discussion y dont u post it in LabVIEW forum instead of breaking point.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(10,843 Views)
I haven't tried, but I thought about it.  The best implementation for me would be as a frontend to some other apps, so it would all be web based.   I am sure there is a way to have your apps talk tcp to another computer to get data, but the ipod side of things would all be non-labview. 

It would be pretty neat to be able to connect to test stations and get the status, but neat is just about the limit. 

Message 6 of 11
(10,803 Views)

Well it is not an iphone but Mellowbuck's Mercury Emission monitoring application runs on a PDA and looks a lot like that. I'll see if I can get him to post some images.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 7 of 11
(10,789 Views)
Hi,
   I'm currently developing an IPhone/ITouch (IPhone hereafter) application similar to what you requested.  Essentially, the program provides a remote screen on the IPhone that is customizable on a server running LabVIEW via TCP.  As of now, the program is able to display and read values from Boolean, numerical, and string indicators/controls.  I’m adding more features that address current issues (eg. button mechanical action property, numerical sliders), testing, and writing the formal documentation.  Expect this program to be launched early February if not earlier.

-Roman Sandoval
Message 8 of 11
(10,215 Views)

Hmm, sorry I am late to finding this thread. As Ben said, I have used the PDA module to do something very much like this in Windows Mobile operating system. In addition, I have 8.6 running at home on my Mac, so I am wondering whether an equivalent toolkit would develop for iPhone. As I can see currently, the PDA module is only available for Windows operating systems - Supply and Demand I suppose.

I guess this will then call less to the PDA module and more towards what Britoa hinted at as a web-based communication to another program, or perhaps the equivalent ActiveX connection...

Data Science Automation

CTA, CLA, CLED
SHAZAM!
Message 9 of 11
(10,085 Views)

Roman Sandoval,

Will you please contact me with regards to this application?  I have some questions and would like to have a discussion with you about it.

E-mail:  mrasoulian@gmail.com

Regards,

Michael R.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(10,013 Views)