BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a 75 Inch Monitor On My Head!

Have you ever browsed the forums or written LabVIEW on a 75 Inch screen?

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(9,256 Views)

It's not the size, but ther resolution that counts. 😉 WVGA sucks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(9,245 Views)

I wasn't sure of the resolution. I just looked up WVGA. I didn't realize that it was only 800x480! But still if you could get the block diagram to scroll when you move your head it could be interesting (as long as you have a barf bag handy)

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(9,241 Views)

Only $20k to go with 2 more weeks. Pledge, and help "augment reality" of the product. Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(9,222 Views)

@Steve Chandler wrote:

Have you ever browsed the forums or written LabVIEW on a 75 Inch screen?

Yep, I have 20 + 30 + 20 = 70 inch monitor (with black borders around should be bigger than 75): Smiley Wink

WorkPlace.jpg

Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
(9,206 Views)

Andrey Dmitriev wrote:

Yep, I have...

Whoa! Something's wrong with that rig! Where's your keyboard?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(9,199 Views)

I see a printout of my Spaghetti VI taped to the wall above your monitors!

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 7 of 10
(9,195 Views)

@JackDunaway wrote:
Whoa! Something's wrong with that rig! Where's your keyboard?

Nice catch, Jack, thanks. The keyboard was replaced with unit located under monitor. Here is the controller, connected to RS232, it contains 16 buttons and indicators, two jog dials and small monitor. On the monitor I have CPU load and some other info, buttons are programmable. This one from Hytec company, I guess. In addition I have 5 extra  buttons on Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard. That's more than enough for me.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(9,175 Views)

@Andrey Dmitriev wrote:

Yep, I have 20 + 30 + 20 = 70 inch monitor (with black borders around should be bigger than 75): Smiley Wink

WorkPlace.jpg

Actually, that's an incorrect calculation, because the size is measured on the diagonal and you've simply taken three separate diagonals and added them. To get to a 70" screen with that you would need to add two more rows on top of the current row.

I don't feel like doing the calculation, but you're welcome to use the Pythagorean theorm to calculate the actual size.

tst wrote:

I don't feel like doing the calculation, but you're welcome to use the Pythagorean theorm to calculate the actual size.

Calculation was based on my version of the Pythagoras Theorem, of course. Smiley Wink

You know, addition operation much easier than multiplication or division (and square roots, sin, cos, etc - oh, they are too complicated)

Like conversation between two young businessmanns:

One said - My business is - selling the cars. Just purchasing used cars, then I sell it with two percent higher price.

Another said - Two percents only? Not much... You have enough money then?

First said - yes, for example, purchase car for 1 thousand dollars, then sell it for 3 thousand dollars. These TWO PERCENTS are enough for me...

Message 10 of 10
(9,160 Views)