Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 77
(7,704 Views)

You still don't get it. I did.

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 77
(7,676 Views)

Oyester, I don't get what you are trying to say, either.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 77
(7,648 Views)

@_Ian_ wrote:

@for(imstuck) wrote:

23...and 51 weeks.

Looking at the date, I guess we're due a Happy Birthday to for(imstuck)!

Many happy returns!

Ian

Not quite..I rounded up, it was more like 50 weeks. Try again on the 13th ;-). But thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 77
(7,641 Views)

The problem is that I should have waited until I cooled off before I replied. The eye chart joke was funny. Even the grow up and get a life response was an admirable mixture of sarcasm and irony. The problem is that I have bad eyesight. When I wrote that other comment, I chose 12 point comic sans because I can see 12 point comic sans. Except I wish it wasn't so dark. It's hard to tell in print if someone is laughing at you or with you. My gut reaction to Rays joke was that I was being laughed at because I can't see. It pissed me off and I responded in kind. I considered this response, "Now put your left hand over your left eye, look at the chart with your right eye, and tell me which direction my finger is pointing," but I know that most people don't appreciate my own sense of humor. So I told him in my own sarcastic way that he had hurt my feelings. I should have just waited until I cooled off. I did grow up Ray and I've had a very interesting life so far. I've got three ex wives, a wife, children, grandchildren, and three dachshunds named Schnitzle, Spaetzle, and Strudle. I've been published in magic magazines and physics journals and I'm working on a paper in computational group theory. Whether you meant to or not, you hurt my feelings. I'll get over it.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 77
(7,609 Views)

Now I'm confused...

Which Ray are you referring to?

I too have bad eyesight..(lost vision in right eye, thus the DIlbert icon with the eye patch)  So I thought the joke was directed to me and I laughted..

We get old, we fall apart, we laugh, we keep going..  Although I don't think I'm that old... I just started falling apart early.. 😞

But, it's getting better..  🙂

and there is always hope

So live long andf prosper!

Message 46 of 77
(7,578 Views)

Haven't you ever had one of those days when even i := 0 didn't seem to work right. This week has been one of those days. TGIF.

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 77
(7,556 Views)

@oyester wrote:

Haven't you ever had one of those days when even i := 0 didn't seem to work right. 

That should never work because i=sqrt(-1). 😄

Message 48 of 77
(7,552 Views)

Old = falling apart?!  Hey, I resemble that remark!

Christian, why is i=sqrt(-1) for Physicists, but j=sqrt(-1) for Electrical Engineers? Other than i usually refers to current (go figure)

As to having one of "those days" I copied an update vi to a network shared drive, walked quite some distance to the laboratory, opened the shared folder, opened the destination, and preceded to copy the destination's copy onto the share. Needed the exercise, particularly the two floors of stairs! Thank goodness there was the intermediate share drive so it wasn't copied over the original.

TGIF

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 77
(7,548 Views)

@LV_Pro wrote:

Old = falling apart?!  Hey, I resemble that remark!

Christian, why is i=sqrt(-1) for Physicists, but j=sqrt(-1) for Electrical Engineers? Other than i usually refers to current (go figure)

As to having one of "those days" I copied an update vi to a network shared drive, walked quite some distance to the laboratory, opened the shared folder, opened the destination, and preceded to copy the destination's copy onto the share. Needed the exercise, particularly the two floors of stairs! Thank goodness there was the intermediate share drive so it wasn't copied over the original.

TGIF

I studied Both EE and Physics while in college which had me facing that problem almost daily. I would be shown a circuit and asked "Which direction does current flow?" Before answering I would first have to ask and answer the question "What building am I in Physics or Engineering?" since one building thought of current as charge carriers and the other thought of it as the flow of electrons.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 50 of 77
(7,533 Views)