BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm back

After a brief period of being unemployed, I'm finally back on the board.  I'm sure some of you didn't even realize I was gone Smiley Wink.  I have experienced one of those sudden, "In order to align our company's cost structure with projections, we have decided to eliminate your position...bs, bs, bs,,,", but I quickly found a better position with Freescale Semiconductors, more pay, more vacation.  I came out way ahead.  I hope that I can continue providing support to the community now that things are getting back to normal for me.

tbob

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 1 of 31
(13,729 Views)

tbob:

You were gone????wink smiley

Let me be the 1st to welcome your return back to the Zone, neighbor!

See you at the Rush concert next week!tongue smiley

-AnalogKid2DigitalMan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 31
(13,717 Views)
I thought you sold my ticket on Ebay for $202.37?  Life is good... sometimes.  See you at the concert.
- tbob

Message 3 of 31
(13,714 Views)

Welcome back!

Lay-offs are things you have to develop a taste for, like Gin. I had a similar experience myself.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 31
(13,680 Views)
tbob's sun is shining brightly again! Welcome back!. 🙂

Message 5 of 31
(13,680 Views)

tbob,

Glad you're back. The layoff thing is going around in a lot of places. I just got the 'due to business, yada, yada, yada,' message as well.

Dennis

Message 6 of 31
(13,671 Views)
Dennis, If you want to move to Arizona, we are looking for one more good test engineer.  This company department seems to be growing very well with a bright future in automotive electronics.
- tbob

Message 7 of 31
(13,666 Views)

tbob,

Thanks. I actually have some time since the 'outsourcing' of my job and all of the others is going to take a few months. If the estimates for all of the knowledge and technology transfers are as accurate as all of the other past project, it could be years before it's all done.Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 31
(13,653 Views)
tbob,

Those events can be unpleasant as they unfold, but a good skill set and a positive attitude can often yield an improvement as you seemed to have experienced. Welcome back.

Lynn
Message 9 of 31
(13,621 Views)

Welcome back Bob,

'As the going gets tough, the tough get going'

Message 10 of 31
(13,598 Views)