BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to share

<Way off topic mode =TRUE>

So I show up for some Texas Hold-em at the local VFW last night sporting a recently acquired polo shirt with (IMHO) a nice looking logo, and I here this

(Dude) "LabVIEW Champion?  That sounds impressive! Are you a LabVIEW Champion?"

(Me) Yes, Yes I am.

(Dude) "Is that some kind of golf tournament?"

Smiley EmbarassedSmiley EmbarassedSmiley Embarassed

Dude "donated" his chips a few minutes later-----

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 1 of 15
(14,253 Views)

Dude now knows you are good at at least two things!   ...Even if he has no clue what one of them is.

Lynn

Message 2 of 15
(14,251 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

Dude now knows you are good at at least two things!   ...Even if he has no clue what one of them is.

Lynn

Well , (Dude) may one day learn to not bet into a "flush-possible" flop when I am holding A-Q suited!Smiley Very Happy  (To his credit He had K-K with the suited king)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(14,248 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Well , (Dude) may one day learn to not bet into a "flush-possible" flop when I am holding A-Q suited!Smiley Very Happy  (To his credit He had K-K with the suited king)

Marlin: It's like he's trying to speak to me, I know it.
[to Squirt]
Marlin: Look, you're really cute, but I can't understand what you're saying. Say the first thing again.

(from Finding Nemo)

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 4 of 15
(14,229 Views)

A-Q in a suit?

I've seen pics of him in a hat...

Sorry, the coffee hasn't kicked in yet...

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 5 of 15
(14,205 Views)
How do I undo an accidental Me Too?
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(14,196 Views)

@Steve Chandler wrote:
How do I undo an accidental Me Too?

I had asked the same thing, and altenbach pointed out he had also asked the same thing.

Apparently not allowing undoing "Me Too" eliminates the sense of loss when you are cut off from the people who share your problems and can therefore help you in group counseling. So, it's solitary depression for you!

Message 7 of 15
(14,192 Views)

But... But I don't even have a Champions shirt and I don't play cards (or golf). I have never even seen a Champion in real life. I was trying to scroll down reading this thread on my phone and accidentally claimed to have had the same "problem" as Jeff. Oh well.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(14,167 Views)

@Steve Chandler wrote:

I have never even seen a Champion in real life.

I am sure you did. 😄     

Message 9 of 15
(14,149 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Steve Chandler wrote:

I have never even seen a Champion in real life.

I am sure you did. 😄     

Another one my Ben quotes;

"Anyone can screw things up, but fora disaster, an engineer has to be involved."

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 10 of 15
(14,138 Views)