BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many LabVIEW users are there in the world?

Why not? The NXT software was developed by NI and based on LabVIEW. The programs written with that are as much LabVIEW as the programs written with the Express VIs.

An arguement could be made that using Express VIs is not LabVIEW either I suppose. Smiley Wink I happen to think that it still counts (barely).

Message 11 of 13
(4,753 Views)

S G wrote:

I know that this is not a very easily answerable question for a number of reasons.

One, who's considered a LabVIEW user?  At what level of expertise or usage can one be considered a user?  Even if we defined a user, I am sure that there are no statistics on how many there are.

However, does anybody have a ballpark estimate?  I wouldn't mind being off by a factor of 10 so maybe even the number of LabVIEW licenses would be a good enough number.

Tomi made up an estimate a few years back.

Message 12 of 13
(4,745 Views)
<-- The blue letters over there have no bearing on the accuracy of this estimate...I really have no idea how many LV licenses are sold per year, or any other insider information for that matter.  But when I saw this thread, I thought, off the top of my head, about 250,000.  And that number seems in line with Tomi's estimate from the LAVA thread linked above.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(4,741 Views)