BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many LabVIEW users are there in the world?

I know that this is not a very easily answerable question for a number of reasons.

One, who's considered a LabVIEW user?  At what level of expertise or usage can one be considered a user?  Even if we defined a user, I am sure that there are no statistics on how many there are.

However, does anybody have a ballpark estimate?  I wouldn't mind being off by a factor of 10 so maybe even the number of LabVIEW licenses would be a good enough number.

S G
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(11,654 Views)

Let's start counting.

If your #1.  I'll be 2.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 13
(11,647 Views)
2.5 (I'm still working on it Smiley Wink ) ...
Cory K
Message 3 of 13
(11,642 Views)

There are 6,364 users listed on the 'Top Kudoed Authors'.

And those are just on the LabVIEW forums.

There are another 11,841 users on LAVAs forums (assuming there are no repeats, which is a dumb assumption)

That still leaves ALL the people who have not used the forums, which i'm sure is a large number.

But at least you have a number to work with.

Cory K
Message 4 of 13
(11,638 Views)

A blank user search at NI forum gives 128720 entries...

Multiply by a factor of something  between 20 to 200  for the 'dark users/matters' might give a good estinate if USER mean programmer! 

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 5 of 13
(11,617 Views)

Cory K wrote:

[...]

That still leaves ALL the people who have not used the forums [...]

Yeah, but it's hard to take them seriously! 🙂

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 6 of 13
(11,613 Views)

S G wrote:

I know that this is not a very easily answerable question for a number of reasons.

One, who's considered a LabVIEW user?  At what level of expertise or usage can one be considered a user?  Even if we defined a user, I am sure that there are no statistics on how many there are.

However, does anybody have a ballpark estimate?  I wouldn't mind being off by a factor of 10 so maybe even the number of LabVIEW licenses would be a good enough number.

Someone actually answered that question for me but since then I forgotten what the answer was. I don't think it was 42.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 7 of 13
(11,599 Views)
And don't forget to include the FIRST Robotics community and everyone who has purchased Lego Mindstorms NXT.
Message 8 of 13
(11,591 Views)

Dennis Knutson wrote:
And don't forget to include the FIRST Robotics community and everyone who has purchased Lego Mindstorms NXT.

I have the Lego Mindstorms NXT and I use Labview.  Do I count as 2 users?

- tbob

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 9 of 13
(11,566 Views)
Actually, I wouldn't consider all Mindstorms users to be LabVIEW users.
S G
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(11,563 Views)