BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get my avatar at work?

Do you recognize my avatar? If you do, then there is a good chance you don't settle for the stale, tepid version served in most offices. What lengths do you go to? Do you use LabVIEW in the brewing (or roasting!) process?

Spoiler
It's a Chemex coffee brewer designed in 1941 by a chemist for his perfect cup of coffee

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,844 Views)

It is hard to see the image on your post.  But going to your user page shows a slightly bigger and clearer image.

It just looks like a coffee pot with a big funnel on the top Smiley Wink  So partially recognised.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,800 Views)

Yes, it does show up quite small on here! Maybe I'll just go back to my steaming coffee cup...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,772 Views)

Once you are at the user page, you can right-click the image and "open in new tab". Now you get an 800x600 version.

Alternatively, you could just google the name chemex. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,761 Views)

We have a large cafetiere for making a big pot of fresh coffee for the first one of the day in our team. I then tend to move onto nicer-than-what-they-offer-us-in-the-office instant coffee for the rest of the day - we also have a little canteen in the building that does proper coffee too.

I also backed a Kickstarter for a coffee maker/cup thing: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oomphcoffee/the-oomph-better-coffee-on-the-go/description

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 5 of 8
(7,704 Views)

The Oomph looks pretty neat Sam! It actually looks a lot like an aeropress with a travel mug around it. In my cubicle I'm often using the aeropress, and sometimes the clever dripper, both are very quick and easy to clean up. At home I use more time consuming methods, they usually get a 3-4 week rotation it seems. I like the Chemex because of its elegance.  I still haven't gotten up the nerve to bring my hand grinder into the office, so I pre-grind my coffee at home. Someday though! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,690 Views)

Well, since the Chemex was hard to identify, I switched back to a little coffee mug 🙂

Message 7 of 8
(7,568 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

Well, since the Chemex was hard to identify, I switched back to a little coffee mug 🙂

Make me a cup my friend!  Its 6:01 AM here and a "Cuppa" is smelling very fine brewing in MyKeurig.  Some day I WILL automate that machine to brew MyCoffee while I look at the recient Breakpoint posts.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 8 of 8
(7,505 Views)