BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Breakpoint!

Wow. A lot has changed but what really surprises me is how much is still the same. Hello Breakpoint! Glad to see all my favorite avitars are still around. What's new?

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 1 of 12
(12,638 Views)

Where'd you go?  

What's new, well XNodes growing in popularily, partially due to the VI Shots that was recently done.  

Super secret LabVIEW features are getting more exposure on LAVA lately.  

2014 has a pretty lackluster feature list, but many are okay with this since it generally means more stability.

New RIO hardware is neat, but I have yet to have an application for it yet.

...I have more but none seem very relavent with the high level "what's new" you're asking for.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(12,625 Views)

Good too see you back, Steve.  I was just thinking recently that we haven't seen you for a while.

Hooovahh gave the big things in the NI world.  If you dig around some more, you can find some more personal things.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(12,623 Views)

I didn't really go anywhere. I just got moved to non-LabVIEW work for the last year but now I get to use it again. Stupid me let his CLD expire beyond the grace period so now I get to start over..

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(12,602 Views)

@SteveChandler wrote:

Stupid me let his CLD expire beyond the grace period so now I get to start over..

At least your CLD will last for 3 years now, instead of 2!  And there's also the recertification by points program so that you can stay certified just by taking part in certain events.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(12,598 Views)

Well then I will seriously consider re-certifying.  Besides, my Polo is getting kind of worn out looking.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(12,588 Views)

@SteveChandler wrote:

Well then I will seriously consider re-certifying.  Besides, my Polo is getting kind of worn out looking.

Then its a good thing you get to start over.  CLD-R didn't come with a new polo.  But, a little begging got me one anyhow.

Welcome back

New stuff:

• Lynn is a post away from knighthood
  • Tim is now in the top ten all time posters (Knocking me back to 11)
  • the Certification board is doing good work

Over all we held it together in your absence but are glad you are with us once more

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 7 of 12
(12,570 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:  CLD-R didn't come with a new polo.

I know a better way to get a new polo Smiley Wink

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(12,558 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

At least your CLD will last for 3 years now, instead of 2!  And there's also the recertification by points program so that you can stay certified just by taking part in certain events.

Oh yeah this is a big one and I'm ashamed I forgot it.  Here is the break down.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/9605/en/?espuid=CNATL000000012418

And here is the PDF

ftp://ftp.ni.com/evaluation/certification/recertification_by_points/recertification_by_points.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(12,552 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

Oh yeah this is a big one and I'm ashamed I forgot it.

That's because you still have NI Week on your brain and it is really hard to remember back to March.  Easy to forget.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(12,546 Views)