BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy 12th Birthday to Christian and Dennis

Happy 12th birthday to altenbach  and Dennis Knutson  

Although I think they have been here longer than that, in whatever form this place existed. But whatever - at least twelve years helping people with LabVIEW is very impressive!

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 1 of 22
(10,010 Views)

Thanks, I think there are quite a few more with that day, and more coming up in the next days.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(9,992 Views)
Why is that? Is that when some usenet group or mailing list transitioned to the forums?
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(9,983 Views)

Steve Chandler wrote:
Why is that? Is that when some usenet group or mailing list transitioned to the forums?

Yes sir!

An e-mail went out and the forums were born. I did have an account that started the first day but due to techincal dificulties, it was correupted and Daniel Mc Chane* asked to just start a new one.

BTW:

Did you use LV to compute the age?

Ben

* Daniel Mc Chane was the web- master when the forums went public.

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(9,977 Views)

@Ben wrote:

An e-mail went out and the forums were born. I did have an account that started the first day but due to techincal dificulties, it was correupted and Daniel Mc Chane* asked to just start a new one.

So it is actually Happy 12th 11th Birthday to the Forums!

By the way I noticed something interesting. Your user id and Christian's user id are a bigger number than mine although my registration date is about a year later. Strange.

However I don't consider myself an old-timer but a relative newcomer. I started working as a technician with a small group of engineers doing electrical validation and I created my first LabVIEW application in 2001 to automate some simple but time consuming tests. Thankfully I cannot open it anymore without an upconvert request from version 5 (or was it 4?). I remember the program was nothing but stacked sequence structures and local variables. Things got very busy and as the only technician I had to spend all my time doing manual testing and had no time to write LabVIEW programs to do them. My account here sat idle for a long time. Now we have more technicians so I get to spend a lot more time learning and writing LabVIEW.

BTW:

Did you use LV to compute the age?

Should I have? Smiley Very Happy

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 5 of 22
(9,967 Views)

@Steve Chandler wrote:

@Ben wrote:

So it is actually Happy 12th 11th Birthday to the Forums!

By the way I noticed something interesting. Your user id and Christian's user id are a bigger number than mine although my registration date is about a year later. Strange.

Like I said, the old account ( I believe it was 59XX ) got corrupted so I had to reregister so that is why my number is newer than yours.

When it comes to measuring time deltas, I reach for LV to help out. Case in point: It was not until Olivia was born that I realized that my father was 25 when I was born, and I was 25 when my son was born as was the case with my son when Olivia was born. You would think I would have noticed that.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(9,961 Views)

I thought when you reregistered you would get a new user id and new registration date. It seems like the very early stuff is all messed up. The oldest user id I could find is 105. The person registered 1/25/2001 but their first post was 6/16/1999. By the way his question remains unanswered. Is anybody going to help him out? Smiley Happy

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(9,954 Views)

When I first showed up there were already stuff in the forum. I think it was internal to NI for a while before the rest of got in. See this thread.

Ben

Message 8 of 22
(9,949 Views)

Wow, that post really shows it's age. Data Banks? Smiley Very Happy

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(9,945 Views)

Before, there was the comp.lang.labview newsgroup. For many years, it was mirrored to the labview forum.

From the looks of it, it has been abandoned with the last LabVIEW question a couple of months ago and now overgrown with shoe spam and conspirators. Seems like the perfect place for our friend alpha1. 😄

(Well, that last post seems to be a job offer, but I dont think it is LabVIEW related. 🐵

Message 10 of 22
(9,932 Views)