BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy 12th Birthday to Christian and Dennis

is that alpha1 posting in comp.lang.labview ?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(6,561 Views)

@Steve Chandler wrote:

I thought when you reregistered you would get a new user id and new registration date. It seems like the very early stuff is all messed up. The oldest user id I could find is 105. The person registered 1/25/2001 but their first post was 6/16/1999. By the way his question remains unanswered. Is anybody going to help him out? Smiley Happy

He can search the FAQsSmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Happy Birthday (Note: Probably that copy of the website should be taken down-  Let's not Advertise that specific contract possition)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(6,544 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

Happy Birthday (Note: Probably that copy of the website should be taken down-  Let's not Advertise that specific contract possition)

It's usenet. It is about impossible to police that. I remember when usenet was actually, well, useful. I completely gave up on it because of the garbage and spam.

You know there is this urban legend that Al Gore claimed to have created the Internet. Actually what he did was make it publicly available. At one time you had to be government, research, or a university to even get access. It wasn't long after the Internet became public that usenet became useless. But I guess the good that it did outweighs the bad.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(6,540 Views)

As the "Lone Minnesotan" floating here- I was simply reacting to the display of the page's contents on the forums. (Hey- John Kline is my rep! (And AGAINST SOPA. according to a flunky covering his phones) ) 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(6,530 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

I was simply reacting to the display of the page's contents on the forums.

Fortunately, it's just an image and the details of the post are not visible. Do search engine spiders scan images for text?

(If that guy is to be taken seriously, the NSA and homeland security are most likely breathing down his neck already. The post might even be fake and from the NSA, trying to harvest information from whoever shows interest :o).

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(6,522 Views)
Or it could be a drive by posting through an unsecured access point.
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(6,517 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

I was simply reacting to the display of the page's contents on the forums.

Fortunately, it's just an image and the details of the post are not visible. Do search engine spiders scan images for text?

(If that guy is to be taken seriously, the NSA and homeland security are most likely breathing down his neck already. The post might even be fake and from the NSA, trying to harvest information from whoever shows interest :o).

GREAT! another breakpoint poster seeing "secret Police" under evey bush.Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 17 of 22
(6,513 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

As the "Lone Minnesotan" floating here- I was simply reacting to the display of the page's contents on the forums. (Hey- John Kline is my rep! (And AGAINST SOPA. according to a flunky covering his phones) ) 

I spent my formative years living in Duluth (1964-69) and to this day prefer the cold over the hot weather.  Does that count toward being a partial Minesotan ? What if I told you I support Hubert Humphry for president?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(6,491 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

As the "Lone Minnesota" floating here- I was simply reacting to the display of the page's contents on the forums. (Hey- John Kline is my rep! (And AGAINST SOPA. according to a flunky covering his phones) ) 

I spent my formative years living in Duluth (1964-69) and to this day prefer the cold over the hot weather.  Does that count toward being a partial Minnesota ? What if I told you I support Hubert Humphrey for president?

Ben

Don't tell us you supported HHH (shhhhh.....)The Dome named after him STILL has problems--- some of witch are from a lack of support Edit :  upon further review those puns on he field are reversed

but 64-69 were good years (My Parents were married and had three children in those years PLUS the youngest of them remembers the moon shot)

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(6,478 Views)

has it been that long!

I joined the Feb of that year....

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(6,451 Views)