BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grumpy Old Men

Clint did start out pretty grumpy in that movie (Gran Torino) but warmed up a bit as it progressed. Sorta sad at the end, but he took one for the team knowing the end was near anyways.

Hey, at least we are not Dopey old men 🙂

-Ak2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
Message 51 of 155
(6,546 Views)

Time for me to jump in.  Grand Torino was one of the best movies I have seen in my lifetime.  And I am a grumpy old man.  I just don't have time to post much here anymore.  The surprise ending of Grand Torino was just sheer genius on the writers part.  Clint Eastwood is not supposed to die.  But in this movie, his death served such a great purpose.

As a side note:  I may start to have more time to participate here like I used to do a few years ago.  I'm switching jobs, going to work for Honeywell (contract, maybe to hire in a year), and I hear how things are more relaxed there than where I am now.  I will be working on electronics for the space program, either the space station or the upcoming newest space shuttle.  Should be interesting.  Maybe I should have started a new thread...

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 52 of 155
(6,546 Views)

tbob:

New job again? Sounds like a cool one, I have always had an interest in working for NASA or a space-related program. What part of the Valley?

I heard Rush is not coming to Phoenix this time around, I bet that will make you even grumpier 😞

Surely, I jest 🙂

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 155
(6,535 Views)

Felicitations, le cousin.

I knew  you were going to change jobs one day soon.. Didn't realize it would be this soon and this sweet.  Wow.. Next shuttle stuff..  Can I visit? 😉

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 155
(6,525 Views)

tbob wrote:

Time for me to jump in.  Grand Torino was one of the best movies I have seen in my lifetime.  And I am a grumpy old man.  I just don't have time to post much here anymore.  The surprise ending of Grand Torino was just sheer genius on the writers part.  Clint Eastwood is not supposed to die.  But in this movie, his death served such a great purpose.

Gee, thanks for letting us know the ending for those of us who haven't seen it. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 155
(6,514 Views)
We need something like www.imdb.com where they overwrite the text with the wording  ** spoiler **  spoiler **
Message 56 of 155
(6,502 Views)
Like this (sorry, no pictures)?

(6,483 Views)

I loved the movie "Grumpy Old Men"........

"Do me a favor. Put your lip over your head...and swallow."

Grumpy LabVIEW developer: "Hey you local punk variables.....get off my block diagram".

Message 58 of 155
(6,481 Views)
By the way, I should warn anyone following my last link that it's full of spoilers.

(6,479 Views)

LOL!  That's a good one.

Now we need to create that on top of tbob's post.

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 155
(6,468 Views)