From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grumpy Old Men

LV_Pro wrote:

Was that when you were anonymous, posting ambiguous pictures when asked

Yes, yes. That was it. Sure. No other time. No, siree. Not me. That was definitely it. Yes.

Not wanting to sound grumpy ;), but the initial post and the followup are pure troll posts in the classic sense. The same words could be posted verbatim on any technical discussion board, no matter what the forum is about. 

I agree with Dennis that his should be move to the breakpoint, because it is clearly offtopic for the LabVIEW forum and distracts from technical discussions.

Message 42 of 155
(9,368 Views)

Smiley WinkHi all Grumpy Old Men (women) Smiley Tongue

This post should not be ignored, it should be read by every new members that just start with LV !! and will post on forums.

What we can learn with so many pertinent answers is how a post should be or not, and if it will get a correct answer quickly or not. Smiley Happy

I'm so happy to see along forums those 'Grumpy Old Men' that always post a so good explanation when the post describe the problem and there is file showing the first try. Smiley Tongue

I'm always learning through the answering of Grumpy old Men and don't want they change, it they say you should get a look on courses that exist you do, if they said answer is given in other post you go to look the post, if they say that you should change something you take a look try to understand and see if it is a better solution ( and most of case it is !! Smiley Very Happy).

From a fan of all those Grumpy old Men (women). Bonjour et merci from France

(sorry for my not perfect english -> learning also always Smiley Tongue)

Greg S.
CNRS
LV 7.1 8.2 8.6 2009 2011 2012 2013 2014
LPMC - CNRS
N'oubliez pas de complimenter cela fait toujours plaisir.
Message 43 of 155
(9,356 Views)

As requested by a number of members, I have moved this post from LabVIEW to BreakPoint.

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 155
(9,314 Views)

[Set TongueInCheekMode = True] 

Smiley Surprised

Dennis wrote:

I thought the same and avoided it till now. I'll request that the whole thread be locked or at least moved to the Breakpoint board. If the op had even a clue, it would have been posted there in the first place.

altenbach wrote:

Not wanting to sound grumpy ;), but the initial post and the followup are pure troll posts in the classic sense. The same words could be posted verbatim on any technical discussion board, no matter what the forum is about. 

I agree with Dennis that his should be move to the breakpoint, because it is clearly offtopic for the LabVIEW forum and distracts from technical discussions.

I declare a conspiracy!

I was withing a couple of kudoes of bumping Dennis from first place in the total Kudoes count for Day and Week to pick-up a Yatzee by sweep all catagories except All Time.

Its a conspiracy I tell you. Smiley Tongue

Concidered yourselves "served"!

Smiley Very Happy

[Set TongueInCheekMode = False] 

Yes this thread belongs in the Breakpoint.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 155
(9,286 Views)
Hey punk, get off of my lawn!

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 46 of 155
(9,263 Views)

Phillip Brooks wrote:
Hey punk, get off of my lawn!

Yep.

Clint.jpg

Message Edited by Support on 03-03-2010 10:09 PM

tst,

Can't see your image..

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 155
(9,238 Views)

I couldn't either until I cut-n-pated the URL for that link into a browser. Now it shows up. Here is the URL.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNjMyMzU5MjIwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTYwMzUxMg@@._V1._SX615_SY500_...

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 155
(9,229 Views)

Here it is. I just wanted to say that Philip forgot to attach the image that goes with the caption. 😉 

Clint.jpg