BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Morning NI - I'm here..

CC,

I'm not a biologist and I have to search in the Internet. Also I asked one of the biology teachers at my daugther's school. All with no result. I did a search with your solution and found a lot of pages about crab louse. None of them says about the fact that they can chance sex. Since the crab louse is the only one who move not around it would be probably that if two of them meet togehter they will change sex as needed.

Also I'm limited to german pages because my english vocabulary in this area is very small.
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
Message 71 of 497
(16,560 Views)
I am curious how they prevent a race condition.

If two males meet and the see that it just two males, then if they both respond within seconds to switch genders, then they have two females and they are back in the fix.

So how to does the crab louse prevent a gender race condition?

Sequence structure?

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 72 of 497
(16,568 Views)
Waldemar, Ben
your thinking mode is too co-linear. Try to think orthogonaly :
No animal has never been able to change its sex in a matter of seconds. But some can go from one sex to another... 😄

CC

Edit : sorry if I missed something !.. 😉

Message Edited by chilly charly on 05-16-2005 06:43 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 497
(16,563 Views)
Charly, that's terrible, we all ought to give you 1 star for each post here.
That's like "What has six legs, but walks on the head"?
At least my rana frogs do change sex.

That a lousy joke. 🙂
Message 75 of 497
(16,492 Views)
tst, altenback

I knew it was a terrible joke... But what were you expecting from a crazy frog ? How could I resist ?
Should I promise to never try something equivalent ? And even more, should I keep this promise ?
Sorry to have disappointed you...
I'll remove to my score all the stars you didn't give me !..

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 76 of 497
(16,492 Views)
British humour is know to be peculiar. Thanks for giving us a taste of the French variety. Maybe in a few centuries there will be a wikipedia entry for it too. 🙂
Message 77 of 497
(16,488 Views)
I am glad I did not wait with baited breathe for the answer to that Q.

CC,

It may be a good time to introduce the "Developer Exchange Hall of Shame".

It should be a self appointed board.

It's only a matter of time until I will join you I'm sure.

Ben

PS Before we got married my wife insisted that I form the letter "P" with my hand before I uttered a bad pun. It was a "P-sign" (another bad pun, think hippies).

Now that we are married I do not have to do it anymore. That is the "worse" part they mentioned in the vows.
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 78 of 497
(16,480 Views)
well...

there are many ways to "fix" a bad frog...

ribbit!!!

"lorsque la grenouille sur la quenouille perds ses couilles, elle crie "Ouille"!!"

I'd like to see tst translate that one!!! 😉

😄 😄 😄

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 05-16-2005 04:45 PM

Message 79 of 497
(16,493 Views)
CC,

a while after making my post I discovered the joke. But dogs, cats and other animals have the same problem. Louses are dependent on their "partner" which means that a louse of a dog will never go on a human and so on. The grab louse is not the only one changing sex this way.
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
0 Kudos
Message 80 of 497
(16,469 Views)