Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny threads

Will it sink or swim?

(sometimes lettercase IS important!)

0 Kudos
Message 511 of 537
(11,743 Views)

This one is cute - from a biginner.  The link is to the latest addition to an old thread, but it's interesting from the big inning.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 512 of 537
(11,584 Views)

Well they were more or less polite through the post, which is a refreshing change.  Of course there are other irksome things in there, like quadruple posting one sentence at a time.

0 Kudos
Message 513 of 537
(11,557 Views)

Im sorry
Changed my mind i am not asking

Great thread but this was my favorite post by far

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 514 of 537
(11,536 Views)

Im sorry
Changed my mind i am not asking 

And then proceeds to ask a question on the next page.

0 Kudos
Message 515 of 537
(11,530 Views)

There's a Twitter conversation where people are making some fun of a LabVIEW debugging UI here - https://twitter.com/cabel/status/648680009381511168

Someone there thought the modern UI controls were "inspiring" enough to recreate the light button using HTML 5, which I found really funny, because it's one of my least favorite (and yet often used) UI elements - http://codepen.io/potch/pen/dYNOEy

(11,445 Views)

@tst wrote:

Someone there thought the modern UI controls were "inspiring" enough to recreate the light button using HTML 5, which I found really funny, because it's one of my least favorite (and yet often used) UI elements - http://codepen.io/potch/pen/dYNOEy 

Oh I use that control all the time, but only for subVIs and API VIs, and never for the UI the user sees.  It is relativly small, it can convey on or off status clearly, and could be used for an indicator or a control.

0 Kudos
Message 517 of 537
(11,399 Views)

I want him fired

Partly sad a person thinks this way, but the first post is certinally funny to read. Kinda watching to see if he'll continue to post.

Certified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpgCertified_TestStand_Architect_rgb.jpg

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

0 Kudos
Message 518 of 537
(11,082 Views)

@bsvare wrote:

I want him fired

The current thought between Ben and I are that "him" is Stephen Loftus-Mercer (Aristos Queue).  I don't think he is going anywhere.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 519 of 537
(11,073 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@bsvare wrote:

I want him fired

The current thought between Ben and I are that "him" is Stephen Loftus-Mercer (Aristos Queue).  I don't think he is going anywhere.

Nice thing is that the code is open, so everybody can inspect it.

Are these shift registers there to eliminate an extremely unlikely race condition? Why would we need to wait with the enqueueing until the names are unbundled? Hmmm....

0 Kudos
Message 520 of 537
(11,069 Views)