Funny threads

0 Kudos
Message 431 of 537
(10,785 Views)

@muks wrote:

@PaulG. wrote:

Thought this was funny.

Now it is maamSmiley Very Happy

This was funny until I noticed he was putting a .xls extension on a plain text file. I've known mid-level programmers that did this, thinking they were creating an "Excel" file because double-clicking on it opens it up in Excel. But it's not Excel and Excel has issues with it. It's an ignorant thing to do. I had to nip it in the bud. Smiley Happy

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 432 of 537
(10,702 Views)

I am sure what to call this

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 433 of 537
(10,647 Views)

Another funny, but really sad, thread.  A FINAL YEAR Electrical Engineering student doesn't know how to measure current.  Heaven help us...http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Measuring-current-using-USB-6009-with-a-Rheostat-as-shunt/m-p/299646...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 434 of 537
(10,552 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Another funny, but really sad, thread.  A FINAL YEAR Electrical Engineering student doesn't know how to measure current.  Heaven help us...http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Measuring-current-using-USB-6009-with-a-Rheostat-as-shunt/m-p/299646...

I can sympathise. I often confuse currants, raisins and sultanas.

(10,543 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I knew this was I was in highschool at 16.  I then went on to get my degree in EE where there was about 5-8 classes where this information was required to pass.

0 Kudos
Message 436 of 537
(10,540 Views)

I remember working with a recent mechanical engineering graduate a number of years ago. He was tasked with disassembling a portion of a machine I was wiring up loadcells on.

He managed to find a ratchet and the right socket. But he then asked if we had the ratchet for removing bolts; he could only find the one for tightening bolts.  

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
Message 437 of 537
(10,525 Views)

@pallen wrote:

But he then asked if we had the ratchet for removing bolts; he could only find the one for tightening bolts.  

Just retap everything with left handed threads. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 438 of 537
(10,516 Views)

You jest, but I once found a final year mechanical engineering student about to retap a 5/8" UNF thread in a 100 kN load cell with an M16.

(That's obviously an M16 thread, and not an assault rifle.)

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 439 of 537
(10,496 Views)

@thoult wrote:

You jest, but I once found a final year mechanical engineering student about to retap a 5/8" UNF thread in a 100 kN load cell with an M16.

(That's obviously an M16 thread, and not an assault rifle.)

Reminds me of this old chart

Untitled.png

<Sea Story>

While installing a radar at a customer sight I started removing some "Shipping Screws" from the side plate of the reciever prior to mounting it in the rack.  The heads would be behind the frame members if left in and, you would need to remove the waveguide and extend the chassis in the rack to do any work on the IF plate.  So, these became "Shipping Screws"

The customers engineer handed me a screwdriver and said "Give that to your Mechanical Engineer- He's probably never seen one."

</Sea Story>

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 440 of 537
(10,473 Views)