BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating Threads

My turn to start a new thread.  I've seen our friend Smercurio battle with valor as he tries to help a novice who doesn't understand English very well and doesn't know much about what he is doing.  The thread is here

Smerc, you have my sympathies.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 82
(16,299 Views)

Looks like Smerc has two choices, see attached.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 82
(16,298 Views)

I really enjoy when you ask for a VI to show what they are actually doing and they attach my own code that I posted earlier in the same thread. 😮

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 82
(16,291 Views)

6 pages and the solution???? The first reply to the opSmiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 82
(16,260 Views)

A few years ago I tried to help someone who posed himself as a potential client, and I quickly discovered that it was a student...   I went overboard by actually writing code for the guy to show him how to do it.  I learned that we can't help those who do not want to help themselves.  I don't mind writing examples because it keeps my feet wet with LabVIEW (I work with embedded C - vxWorks).  But if they do not want to put some effort to learn or to realize the benefit of working (ie: please do my assignment or work while getting the benefits), I provide less code and more shorter pieces of instructions to get them to think more about the solution.  They get frustrated, but hey..  that's life...  And usually no kudos 😞

😉

Message 5 of 82
(16,229 Views)

Ray.R a écrit :

A few years ago I tried to help someone who posed himself as a potential client, and I quickly discovered that it was a student...   I went overboard by actually writing code for the guy to show him how to do it.  I learned that we can't help those who do not want to help themselves.  I don't mind writing examples because it keeps my feet wet with LabVIEW (I work with embedded C - vxWorks).  But if they do not want to put some effort to learn or to realize the benefit of working (ie: please do my assignment or work while getting the benefits), I provide less code and more shorter pieces of instructions to get them to think more about the solution.  They get frustrated, but hey..  that's life...  And usually no kudos 😞

😉

One kudo to treat your frustration !

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 82
(16,220 Views)

@tbob wrote:

My turn to start a new thread.  I've seen our friend Smercurio battle with valor as he tries to help a novice who doesn't understand English very well and doesn't know much about what he is doing.  The thread is here

Smerc, you have my sympathies.

Thanks. I really need them for that. And also for this one, where I spell out what to do, step by step. But the OP then says he doesn't know how to create a reference, or his LabVIEW is "corrupt", and just wanted someone to write the code for him. srikrishnaNF rescued him this time (he usually does that a lot on the LabVIEW board).

Message 7 of 82
(16,211 Views)

@SEMAK wrote:

please just edit the above VIs in order to save time

i am doing a mistake or my labview 8.6 is corrupted

Oh!!  That's cruel!!  As if Saverio's (or others) was not as important as his..
Can't balme you from being frustrated..

Thanks JB.  🙂
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 82
(16,186 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 82
(16,156 Views)

let him wait a bit..  maybe he'll take the time to read the thread and figure out something..  😉

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 82
(16,151 Views)