From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For lack of a better place...

Not sure where to put this, but I'm going to put it here, because I believe, of all the NI products, LabView has had the greatest impact on my work life and there is no links for comments on the press release...

I wish Dr. Touchard the best upon his impending retirement as CEO and pronounce my immense gratitude (also to all the folks over the years @ NI while I'm at it) for the opportunities and successes I have experienced because of National Instruments.  Thank you for making the last 32 years of coming to work a thoroughy enjoyable and addictive challenge!

They just brought around a new hire and described me as a 'jack of all trades' during the introduction.  On other occasions it has variously been 'MacGyver', 'Doc Brown', & 'Q', among others.  Flattering, but I'm not really that good.  I've just had the 'right tools' for the job and I've been able to get the job done because of them.

I remember that, in the pre-MoPac Expressway days, I noticed a license plate that indicated what must have been his car way...way...way out in the parking lot.  Meeting him at a reception after training, I teased him about why he didn't have an assigned parking spot.  He replied, "If I get here late, I have to walk like everybody else".  I thought that said a lot about the man.

Thanx, Doc!

Message 1 of 6
(7,269 Views)

I don't know where to post this but thought of posting on the most active software boards.

There is no any details of Dr. T's retirement anywhere on NI website.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,038 Views)

Hi LVK,

I moved your message into this thread because of the topic.

Yes, Mr. Truchard retired (kind of). There was a newsletter from NI last week and I also read some articles in (German) electronics magazines…

Some official statement!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,023 Views)
Yes, effective from Jan 2017: Here it is http://investor.ni.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=986964
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,020 Views)

Well written, though i think this is a Breakpoint topic, no?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,997 Views)

Best wishes to both Dr. T and Mr. Davern!

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,962 Views)