BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find a beeline in a log log scale :)

Has been done before, but I just picked some values from the Kudo leaderlist, and found again the beeline in a log-log scale.

However is shows statistically, that altenbach and Ben deserve about double the kudos than they have 😄

KudosByRank.png

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 1 of 26
(6,994 Views)

@Henrik_Volkers wrote:

Has been done before, but I just picked some values from the Kudo leaderlist, and found again the beeline in a log-log scale.

However is shows statistically, that altenbach and Ben deserve about double the kudos than they have 😄

KudosByRank.png

Hmmm...

Maybe I should add a line to my signature asking for Kudoes and/or stop posting and wait for the Kudos before I move on. (Smiley-wink)

Ben

Edit:

I am guessing you are uisng the bulk numbers that lump together Kudos for answers and Kudos for suggestions.  That is like mixing apples and oranges so one should expect fruity results.

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(6,946 Views)

I think the problem is that altenbach and Ben give a disproportionately higher number of kudos, resulting in artificial inflation of the lower ranks 🙂

Message 3 of 26
(6,938 Views)

@BowenM wrote:

I think the problem is that altenbach and Ben give a disproportionately higher number of kudos, resulting in artificial inflation of the lower ranks 🙂

Now you are just asking for kudos, right? 😄

Message 4 of 26
(6,895 Views)

Henrik_Volkers wrote:

There probably needs to be a correction factor for longtime users, because the chance of kudos/post was much smaller in the early days. (Smaller audience, pre-lithium format, etc.).

I think a second order polynomial would work quite well for the log-log plot. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(6,893 Views)

@BowenM wrote:

I remember in the beginning of Kudos, where the first Kudos was an indicator for 'Read by Ben' 😄 😄

And who wanted a early one star rating??

Altenbach: I think a beeline is still valid. The first and last decade (no fractional ranks and Kudos here) shouldn't be weigthed that much. In my Q&D lookup only one sample is repesenting >99,5% of the users. Add the 'last' 3 ,2,1 Kudos user and the line maybe seems to need a 3. order log-log fit ? 😛 

Spoiler
Did I just say to not put too much weigth on altenbach and Ben, didn't I ?  😉 😄 😛

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(6,865 Views)

There also is some noise, so I wonder if there are any other outliers that are not shown. For example you only show about 7 dots of the top 10, while it would be easy to show all in that interval.

And yes, the early heavy posters have a biased low kudos count. The prime example is Dennis, who has significantly more posts than me, but fewer Kudos.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(6,857 Views)

I hand copied some values from the list,  I leave it to some html (de)scripters or the ones with the real database access 🙂

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(6,849 Views)

When selling cookies door to door for cub scouts I learned that I was doing good if I sold 1 for every 7 doors I knocked on. I have tried to maintain the quality of my posts to maintain 1 kudo for every other post I make and I am thankful that so many have helped me maintain that level.

And yes, I do give out a lot of kudos! I just say "thank you" more often than most. Trust me it does not hurt one bit to give out too many kudos.

Chilly Charly and I had developed some code to scrape the NI web-site and compile statistics about post counts and kudo counts. That code has been long depreciated with the changes to the forums. If you do take on such a task be aware of two issues.

1) It is only a matter of time untl the site changes and the code will have to be modified.

2) Throttle you scraping to avoid "denial of service" from the site (like I discovered).

But while we are on the topic of Kudos and counts...

Christain is just 4 kudos short of 10K kudos on the LabVIEW forum. A "Knight of Kudoes" is coming soon!

See here!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 9 of 26
(6,773 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

And yes, the early heavy posters have a biased low kudos count. The prime example is Dennis, who has significantly more posts than me, but fewer Kudos. 

Dennis also didn't get any kudos from the idea exchange which would be another reason for the lower kudo count.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(6,767 Views)