BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File recover option saved me 2 hours of critical work - Thanks NI

I was working with a time critical loop sub vi and it was more than I took for wiring and indexing the data. I totally forgot that I haven't saved the file until my mouse pointer turned to a sandclock. Smiley Surprised

Totally the LabVIEW got hanged and after waiting for about 15 mins I killed LabVIEW without any other option Smiley Sad

Once I restarted I got the option for recovering Smiley Indifferent and finally I recovered the vi and 1st action I saved everything.Smiley Very Happy

Thank god and thanks for the option NI.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 1 of 14
(16,404 Views)

It is a nice option and has save me some time. I guess that I have worked with LabVIEW for so long I am just used to saving after every change that I make.... move a control save.... change a number and save ..... move a wire and save. Actually this has gotten me in trouble a few times when I changed something and then realized that I should not have and could not go back because I saved.

NI needs to have an undo even after you save.

Tim
GHSP
Message 2 of 14
(16,401 Views)

Enable "Undo" even after saving the VI: Implemented in LabVIEW 2011!

Message 3 of 14
(16,399 Views)

@jattas wrote:

Yes I feel the differenceit really helps but unfortunately I am working in 2011 and 2009 parallely so sometimes my hands keeps on pressing ctrl+z after saving the vi while working with 2009. Smiley Sad

-----

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(16,396 Views)

@aeastet wrote:

It is a nice option and has save me some time. I guess that I have worked with LabVIEW for so long I am just used to saving after every change that I make.... move a control save.... change a number and save ..... move a wire and save. Actually this has gotten me in trouble a few times when I changed something and then realized that I should not have and could not go back because I saved.

NI needs to have an undo even after you save.

I have the same habbit of pressing Ctrl+Shift+Z all the time while coding and got stuck when I am not able to Undo and that got fixed in 2011. Because of Pressing all save all the time I get pop-ups for the unsaved vi and even after I won't stop I am not able to control it. (Even I press Ctrl+Shift+Z in MS Office and notepad Smiley Tongue)

-----

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(16,393 Views)

@jattas wrote:

Is this an automatic feature or do I have to turn it on?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(16,390 Views)

Its an auto feature and you have to do is: Do a complex coding, Press Ctrl+A -->Delete --> Save --> and the Ctrl+Z *, Smiley Tongue There you go...

* - Try only in 2011 and above. Smiley Wink

-----

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(16,386 Views)

It must have been the solar flares or the moon, I too had a bunch of coding hang up when I went to save yesterday, recovering most when restarting LabVIEW. Starting in LabVIEW in version 2.5 (no, not almost 2000 years ago, but close!), which would crash about every 30 minutes with an "Insane Error", I got into the habit of saving often. Of course, as there was no undo back then, you didn't loose that feature by saving. An Undo after Save, guess I hadn't noticed that before. Haven't much time with 2011 yet.

Better and better. Of course, had we had these features when I started with LabVIEW I would have more hair and it would probably be darker colored!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 8 of 14
(16,373 Views)

I started with LabVIEW 8.6 only as you know lot of features were incorporated in that and I felt very much comfortable doing coding with LabVIEW.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(16,370 Views)

@P Anand wrote:

[...] 

Thank god and thanks for the option NI.

Jesus saves.  So should you.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 10 of 14
(16,342 Views)