BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Board

Hi all,

Is it about time to start a LV-Excel board? Smiley Very Happy
I have a feeling that some Class courses cover the interaction between LabVIEW and M$Excel, I think 1 out of 2 posts at the LabVIEW board is about communication with LabVIEW and Excel.
So to bundle these questions it might be usefull to dump them in a seperate place!

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 1 of 91
(83,873 Views)

I would like to contribute to this board, and say it is about time we created this thread.

Here is a toolset that I have compiled over a period of time working with excel.

Also a tip for beginners:

If you do not know how to do it in excel then you probably will not figure it out in LV either. So my suggestion would be to read the excel help and figure out how to do it. Then record a macro of what you want to do and then duplicate the macro in LV using methods and properties. 

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 2 of 91
(83,862 Views)

Jhoskins a écrit:
Also a tip for beginners:

If you do not know how to do it in excel then you probably will not figure it out in LV either. So my suggestion would be to read the excel help and figure out how to do it. Then record a macro of what you want to do and then duplicate the macro in LV using methods and properties.

That is quite a sensible piece of advice, I did try to do in LV something that I didn't know how to do in XL and had to give after loosing a couple of hours Smiley Mad
Now I try be more humble.

More about the this thread, no doubt that an Excel board would get packed with loads of post quite fast, that's for sure !

And thanks a lot Joe for sharing your code !

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 3 of 91
(83,859 Views)

I wouldn't count on it. The NI forums have a rather rigid structure which does not support moving posts from board to board. The LV-Excel interaction is by no means significant enough to warrant a whole board. NI apparently doesn't like making big changes and even much more important things don't get a board.

You can either create a thread where links to Excel interaction stuff will be concentrated (like this one) or you can post your examples to the new community site.

This message talks about freezing panes in excel.

Freeze panes

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 5 of 91
(83,814 Views)
Personally, I alays try to link Macros with LV code so that I can get the best of both worlds.

Data processing in LV, Copying, Pasting, graphs and so on in Excel via Macros.

Works for me.

I still wich NI would introduce a text-based ActiveX interface possibility so that ActiveX routines in LV wouldn't take up so much space.....

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 6 of 91
(83,786 Views)
Here is another board that talks about page setup in excel

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 7 of 91
(83,656 Views)
I have another VI to add ttothe list. this VI allows you to print a worksheet, view print preview, and select # of copies to print.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 8 of 91
(83,556 Views)

Here is a discussion where i posted some VI'S that will do a search and replace and a "find"

Here are the VI'S

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 9 of 91
(83,428 Views)
Just to add to Joe's post, the Replace.llb is now also available in LV 7.1 at the same thread, a couple of post after the LV 8 version 😉

Thanks Joe !

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 10 of 91
(83,382 Views)