BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Windows XP support

The 3.1.1 demo does not run at all under windows 7. The error is as follows:

NI, consider yourself "contacted". 😄

I actually love this demo. really nice examples. One of the examples is about "real-time". That was many years before LabVIEW RT was even released, so the meaning of the term was a bit different. Still, it all runs very well and lean. Very interactive and illustrative.

Amazing is the fact that it runs that entire demo with several fancy VIs, but the allocated memory is only a litle more than a MB. Ahhhh the good old times! 😄 Nowadays is uses 100x more by just opening the welcome screen! 😮 😞

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 36
(9,373 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Ahhhh the good old times! 😄 Nowadays is uses 100x more by just opening the welcome screen! 😮 😞

Good times indeed. I remember when memory management was a skill programmers needed just to get their programs to run, not just run "efficiently". 

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 32 of 36
(9,344 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Here's what I get when I try to open my copy of LabVIEW 3.1.1. (Window 7)

Try to edit the ini and change that option shown in the properties dialog (i.e. add key "checkAvailDiskSpace=False").

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 36
(9,317 Views)

@PaulG. wrote:
Good times indeed. I remember when memory management was a skill programmers needed just to get their programs to run, not just run "efficiently". 

Well said.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 36
(9,280 Views)

And for those of you who are still running windows XP, you might want to look into this link for how to get free continuing support for Windows XP.

Amazing what comes across some of the tech blogs.

Edit: Of course, Microsoft replied that it might not be a good idea.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 36
(9,269 Views)

altenbach wrote:

Try to edit the ini and change that option shown in the properties dialog (i.e. add key "checkAvailDiskSpace=False").

Yep, that did it.  Check out that memory usage.  Who in world would have 684k of RAM?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 36 of 36
(9,268 Views)