From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you write or draw a LabVIEW Program?

Solved!
Go to solution

TAP_

I can't answer the questio nbecause it's based on a completely false assumtion (that I had said or implied that working for NI would or could be a bad thing).

Cheers re. the nuggets.

Shane

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 35
(8,240 Views)

@TAP_ wrote:

Shane,

What is wronge about working for NI? Why is your first role of engagement "1. I do not work for NI".

Nice Nuggets on USB btw.

TAP_

Contrary to what you may believe, this forum is primarily made of volunteers who have full time jobs. Not with NI. We are not NI "fanboys", and we have criticized LabVIEW and NI when needed. I'm sure NI likes the nice things we say about LabVIEW, but we do not see it through "rose-colored glasses", as you imply. However, it's been eminently clear to me that your statement belie your assertions that you want an intelligent conversation. You've said as much:

I wrote it for the reaction ( I may do this on all my posts), sometime I feel that people look at LabVIEW through rose tinted glasses (especially thus who don't use it on a day to day basis)

I, for one, do not want to see these forums become a conflagration of mere statements that are simply designed to rile people up just for someone's amusement. The Republican debates are a much better forum for that. If your intention is to merely cause conflict, then perhaps you'd be better off somewhere else.

Message 32 of 35
(8,227 Views)

TAP_ wrote:

What is wronge about working for NI? Why is your first role of engagement "1. I do not work for NI".

"I do not work for NI" is a simple informational statement and has no connotations or hidden meanings.

For completeness, I must state that I don't work for NI either and everybody is free to interpret any hidden meaning of that statement as they like. 😄

In my case it simply means that my replies can be wrong and might not follow the internal NI customer relations guidelines in tone and politeness. If you blow up your nuclear reactor because i gave you wrong advice, neither I or NI can be held responsible. I refuse to reply to certain questions completely, or I might spend an hour starting at 2am writing an elegant and complete solution to a given problem. I do whatever I want and nobody can force me to do, or not do something specific. I do not get paid for my contributions.

(Only forum members with a blue name work for NI, so Shane's statement is somewhat redundant. ;))

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 35
(8,220 Views)

To actually answer the original topic after my first earlier reply neglected that (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), I "create" my code, or alternatively, I release the VI within.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 35
(8,206 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

@smercurio_fc wrote:

@Hornless.Rhino wrote:

Do you make sound effects to go with the poofing?

I thought that might have been overdoing it. Smiley Wink

Not really. 

And- For the final goal---TAP__  Severio just whipped up a quick example on a whim. LabVIEW users of all achievement levels can understand the simple example. 

Duplicate it in the language of your choice.

Steve C.-- Could you jing that demo- TAP__ might not be able to see what it does?

Sure!

Here we see smercurio_fc work his magic to poof his VIs.

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required. Content created by smercurio_fc

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 35 of 35
(8,173 Views)