cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Capture Tool

@TonP wrote:

if someone can back save to 6.1 (tst?)

Yes, if things are supported there.

I'm interested in how you're planning on doing the different versions. I noticed that VIPM let's you choose between different versions of the same package, but how are you planning on doing the version numbering?

(7,952 Views)
Here's an OGP that install a different enum for different LabVIEW version:
For version 6.1 and up the enum will only have a value of 6.1 for 8.2.1 and up it wil have a value of 6.1 and 8.2.1
The same can be done for operating systems.

Added as .zip so you can look at it and see what happens. Just rename to .ogp to install

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(7,934 Views)

OK, I think I understand - you can control what happens with each file inside the installation depending on your LV version. That's really nice. It would have been nice if we could also define a mass compile step at the end of the installation.

BTW, there is a problem with your example (I understand it's just a quick one). File Group 1 is exclusive to 6.1 so 7.0 to 8.2 don't get the enum extracted. I assume it is possible to include both a larger than and a smaller than condition for the same files.

(7,933 Views)
Hi Tst,

you're correct the possibilities are endless (sort of)....

Could you upload a 6.1 version?

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
My LabVIEW Ideas

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(7,883 Views)

@TonP wrote:

Could you upload a 6.1 version?

Tomorrow, yes, but don't you want to fix it first?

I would still vote for getting rid of the timeout and the keys for cycling (unless I hear any objections).

P.S. are you planning on attempting to clean up the mess inside the VI which creates the images?

(7,879 Views)

@tst wrote:

Tomorrow, yes, but don't you want to fix it first?

I would still vote for getting rid of the timeout and the keys for cycling (unless I hear any objections).

P.S. are you planning on attempting to clean up the mess inside the VI which creates the images?

I have fixed it by debugging some things.
What is the problem with the timeout? It can be usefull for incapsulating the tool inside another VI (for documentation purposes), the cycle keys are just a nice gimmick.

I think I'll try to clean up the VIs since this will be a major hobby-during-the-summer project.

Ton
My LabVIEW Ideas

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(7,875 Views)

How about we move it to email?

You should have my address from Info LabVIEW.

(7,871 Views)
The tool has been finished after weeks of hard labour, long emails and numerous commits to SF.

Finished by yours truly and Yen/tst the tool is released to LAVA

Have fun and add it to your Tools menu!

Ton
My LabVIEW Ideas

Message 18 of 18
(7,528 Views)