BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalogging the nuggets

I want to suggest to have a short list of subjects that have been covered by Darren's Nuggets and other community nuggets.

I wanted to quickly see if he covered the subject of classes (which I think so).   I soon found out that there are already 12 pages listing the nuggets.

I am lazy and didn't want to look through all of these pages. 

It would also be a good idea to determine which other subjects could be candidates for nuggets.

R

Message 1 of 11
(10,794 Views)

I don't remember any nuggets regarding classes and I don't think there were any. In any case, a nugget regarding classes would probably only be useful for people who are already using classes, otherwise it would just be a tutorial.

In any case, the DevZone should have a page listing the nuggets which you can search.

Oh yeah... I never thought of checking out the DevZone.

I'll check it out tonight.

The idea behind an easy to look up listing is for new users to the forum & lazy people (like myself) to quickly find such essential resource within this forum.

R

Message Edited by Ray.R on 03-18-2009 02:33 PM
Message 3 of 11
(10,781 Views)

The Developer Zone document is very outdated in terms of nuggets.

This is probably a good subject that could be documented in the Developer Zone community so that is can be updated at any time by any one.

What do you think?  

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(10,743 Views)

Yes,  it's a good idea..

It's a big task for a single person, but if it becomes a community task, then it may happen.

R

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(10,736 Views)

I was thinking about creating a page on the community that lists all my nuggets.  I'm wondering if there's a way, with the community site, to set up an RSS feed anytime the document updates?  That would be an easy way for people to get updates of my nuggets.  I tried to set up an RSS feed for my nugget thread on the NI forums (the second link in my signature), but it seemed to only work for one page of the thread...if there's a way to set up an RSS feed for updates to the whole thread (instead of a page to the thread), that would probably be the easiest solution.  But barring that, maybe there's a community solution?

-D

Message 6 of 11
(10,717 Views)

Hi Darren,

I agree, the RSS feed for long threads doesn't work very well.  I have previously reported the issue.

If you do decide to start a page for nuggets, this Quick Tour seems to indicate that the RSS feed for the document that you create should send updates whenever the document is edited/changed.

Thanks,

Laura

Message 7 of 11
(10,689 Views)
I just wrote a new post on my blog outlining all the different ways people can access my nuggets.  With email, RSS, and a static document as possible options now, I hope we're sufficiently covered.
Message 8 of 11
(10,627 Views)

Wow.

Impressive.  Good job Darren!

Here's a shortcut to the list

Message 9 of 11
(10,615 Views)

I've started a page for the community  nuggets.

Please feel free to contribute.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 10 of 11
(10,600 Views)