BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carnac the Magnificient - sarcastic answers to serious questions/comments

I was trying to be sarcastic, but my answer was marked as a solution. 🙂

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Delete-or-insert-a-record-into-a-database-table/m-p/3625403/highligh...

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 61 of 298
(10,255 Views)

Possibly my favorite solution (Outside of a Bacardi and Coke)

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Runing-another-idea-inside-a-while-loop/m-p/3627644/highlight/true#...

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 62 of 298
(10,215 Views)

Sadly some of us lack the restraint in the face of an 8 year necro to which the previous post read 

RavensFan wrote:

Please start a new thread rather than hijacking someone else's thread.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 63 of 298
(10,145 Views)

User asks for images without traffic signs and receives a link of images without traffic signs.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/Dataset-Negatives-samples-for-Traffic-Road-Signs/m-p/3648618#...

PpV0evc.png

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 64 of 298
(10,069 Views)

stairvaclibrarypage

How to send email when vacuum reaches threshold...

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 65 of 298
(9,864 Views)

Hat-tip to reddit.com: "User name checks out."

😛

Jim

Message 66 of 298
(9,744 Views)

Actually I can't tell if the user name does check out.  Looser?  Like not tight?  Well some of us do live with the spelling mistakes made in their user profile, and just stick with it.

Spoiler
Maybe I need more o's
Message 67 of 298
(9,734 Views)

That turned ugly pretty quick.

It is nice when people appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Message 68 of 298
(9,728 Views)

Those of us who have lurked on the forums for a while see this. Sometimes it is that the original poster is stressing, due to deadlines, whatever, sometimes it is a communications issue, English not being the OP's native language, sometimes it appears to be cultural. These "guys" (not all were male), were pretty gentle. To see some really interesting exchanges one needs to read some of those from the first Knight Of NI, Dennis Knutson (RIP)! He didn't suffer fools lightly! But it does amuse me that they (the irritable/irritating posters) don't understand what a KofNI badge represents, at least regarding the amount of time/effort the holder has put into helping those in the community, or the amount of time they also must have "played" with LabVIEW!  

@_Bryan wrote:

That turned ugly pretty quick.

It is nice when people appreciate your help.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 298
(9,696 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

[...]  Looser?  Like not tight?  [...]

Definitely a loose cannon.

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 70 of 298
(9,690 Views)