BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakpoint Project?

Hi all,

May already have been suggested but does anyone like the idea of a community based LabVIEW project that people can chip into as and when they have time.  Was thinking that something like a MVP (Music Video Picture) player front end all in LabVIEW calling up Windows media player etc.  Who knows with some polished custom controls could end up being quite slick.  Was thinking of something which everyone with the basic package and limited hardware could adopt.  I imagine that with all the skill floating around this forum anything should be possible.  I dont know the ins and outs about distribution rights etc but it could also show the use of LabVIEW to end users with an exe and the run time engine installed your up and running.

Just a passing thought, 

Craig 

LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,136 Views)

I don't think writing a front-end for media player is really a suitable project for LV.

Writing an MP3 player from scratch (Pure G), now that's something interesting.

There was a coding challenge a while back for an MP3 player.  DOn't think too many people got hooked on the idea.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,103 Views)

Sounds like a fun idea, I advice to  have a look at the LAVA Code Repository in Development.

Where you can develop your code using Google Code Repository.

The advance of a central Code repository over a zip and forum system is that keeping track of the latest version is much easier.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 3 of 3
(6,100 Views)