From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you the next Justin McMurry?

This has been mentioned before in the press, and the NY Times has a recent article on volunteer contributors to support boards.

I liked the bit at the end:

Community leaders also have their own forum, have direct access to Verizon technical staff members and get early glimpses of new products

Hmmm.. Does this mean Dennis and altenbach should get their own forum(s)? Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 9
(10,720 Views)
And what about YOU Smercurio?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wires...
Message 2 of 9
(10,716 Views)

...was impressed with the company’s gaming background and its focus on catering to super-users to build communities

I don't know about that part of the article. I would feel much more as if Lithium was catering my needs if they actually implemented my feature requests instead of working on kudos.

P.S. He's only got ~630 posts. What a rookie. 😄

P.P.S. Laura, if NI ever gets the itch to change the visual appearance of the forums, please look at the Verizon forums and just select the farthest option for any selection you are given. NI's theme is better in that it is less cluttered and that it's easier to tell the different posts apart (not that it couldn't stand improvment). Now, if only the editor was as good as it was before it was "upgraded"...

(10,698 Views)

Now, if only the editor was as good as it was before it was "upgraded"...

Here here! Smiley Happy

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(10,694 Views)

I wrote:

Hmmm.. Does this mean Dennis and altenbach should get their own forum(s)?

Gabi1 wrote:
And what about YOU Smercurio?

Nah. I'll just go to a Speaker's Corner. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
(10,686 Views)

smercurio_fc wrote:

This has been mentioned before in the press, and the NY Times has a recent article on volunteer contributors to support boards.

I liked the bit at the end:

Community leaders also have their own forum, have direct access to Verizon technical staff members and get early glimpses of new products

Hmmm.. Does this mean Dennis and altenbach should get their own forum(s)? Smiley Very Happy

[Warning! Sales Pitch for the LabVIEW Champions Program follows] 

They do! But it is secret.

That is how the Bug Thread developed into the Known Issues that now get updated regularly.

Is is also the caldron in which the idea of Darren's Nuggets were originally cooked up.

In addition to the access to R&D and advaced features the Champions also have a chance to influence (NOT control) the clasification of bugs (trivial, ... showstopper).

That is the first forum I check every morning before moving on to the Breakpoint and LabVIEW forums.

If YOU* have not applied to be a Champion lately then maybe its time.

Ben

* Don't make me send you e-mails as reminders. Smiley Wink

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 6 of 9
(10,635 Views)
Re: my statement "I is also the caldron in which the idea of Darren's Nuggets were originally cooked up."

Darren came up with the idea himself but we did incourage him to "start dishing them out".

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(10,607 Views)

Well, I think that since there are two Knights of NI we should have a jousting tournament to determine which one is the real champion.

Just the opinion of a lowly page, here.

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

Message 8 of 9
(10,552 Views)

tst wrote:

...was impressed with the company’s gaming background and its focus on catering to super-users to build communities

I don't know about that part of the article. I would feel much more as if Lithium was catering my needs if they actually implemented my feature requests instead of working on kudos.

P.S. He's only got ~630 posts. What a rookie. 😄

P.P.S. Laura, if NI ever gets the itch to change the visual appearance of the forums, please look at the Verizon forums and just select the farthest option for any selection you are given. NI's theme is better in that it is less cluttered and that it's easier to tell the different posts apart (not that it couldn't stand improvment). Now, if only the editor was as good as it was before it was "upgraded"...

Feedback noted Smiley Wink

Sometime soon we should get an upgrade for the forums which as far as I can tell from testing includes a few editor improvements, but not all that we need. I hear that the editor will continue to have more improvements in the version after that, but I haven't seen them for myself yet and don't have a clue what the timeline may be.

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(10,551 Views)