BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accident free vehicles on high way

How about having vehicles fitted with accident free sensing device which could be turned on while driving on high ways. The device will sense the closeness of two vehicles and based on other factors like speed, distance, friction, wind factor, traffic load will calculate the chance of accident. Accordingly the vehicle should take alternative response methods either through self resolution by slowing or sound alarm to the driver. There could be n factors which needs to be calculated at spur of time.
I don't have any basis or indepth though process on this idea, but this have been poping in my mind for quite some time and today i stumbled on this website and thought of putting it forward to wider audience.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,312 Views)

Gee, you better patent that idea. Wait, too late.

If you want to get the interest of those on this website, show your idea implemented with LabVIEW.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 04-12-2008 08:55 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,306 Views)
With todays technology, you can take it one step further for fully autonomous vehicles.

Have a look at the DARPA grand challenge. The third place entry if the 2007 urban challenge was from Virginia Tech running LabVIEW. 😄
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,301 Views)
I did some small work for the Case Western Reserve University team on the DARPA Urban Challenge, and they did everything in LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,268 Views)