BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aaaarrrgggh!! Fix the Search tool!!! PLEASE!!

I challenge anyone to find the LabVIEW 2014 help page for the "reshape array function" using the NI search tool.

It cannot be done!!!! (without using google).

1. Enter the term "Reshape Array Function" into the search box in the upper right of the NI.com page.
  2. Nothing useful returned. Just pages and pages of other things.
  3.  Try to narrow it down by clicking on "online help" on the left.
  4. We are left with 9 hits, none point to the help page.

Now we try "Reshape Array Function 2014". Nothing useful. we cannot even narrow it down to "online help", because there is apparently no match at all.

Using google for "Reshape Array Function 2014": Second hit is a perfect match!! 😄 (first one is for matlab :().

Please fix this!

I often try to point to relevant help pages in my forum posts, but they are impossible to find. Sure, using google is a workaround, but it should not be necessary!

Message 31 of 36
(6,256 Views)

Thanks Altenbach, I am looking into why some of the pages from that manual aren't in the search index. I did add that specific URL back the others should come shortly, it's only a few.

Kenn North
Principal Product Manager - Search, Digital Analytics
http://ni.com/search
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 36
(6,242 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

I challenge anyone to find the LabVIEW 2014 help page for the "reshape array function" using the NI search tool.

It cannot be done!!!! (without using google).

1. Enter the term "Reshape Array Function" into the search box in the upper right of the NI.com page.
  2. Nothing useful returned. Just pages and pages of other things.
  3.  Try to narrow it down by clicking on "online help" on the left.
  4. We are left with 9 hits, none point to the help page.

Now we try "Reshape Array Function 2014". Nothing useful. we cannot even narrow it down to "online help", because there is apparently no match at all.

Using google for "Reshape Array Function 2014": Second hit is a perfect match!! 😄 (first one is for matlab :().

Please fix this!

I often try to point to relevant help pages in my forum posts, but they are impossible to find. Sure, using google is a workaround, but it should not be necessary!

Capture.PNG

Pg-1 #8

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 36
(6,191 Views)

It indeed seems to be fixed.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 36
(6,187 Views)

Update: We did find a root cause of some missing content that caused this issue. It should be solved soon. It's impact was limited to the online help content.

Kenn North
Principal Product Manager - Search, Digital Analytics
http://ni.com/search
Message 35 of 36
(6,186 Views)

I have found another search failure for the online help: Try to search for the Active Cell property (yes, I finally found the link by chance! :D) of a table. 

All we get are all the more specific active cell properties. (of course it might appear after page and pages, but my head is spinning already from all the similarly named results).

It seems the most general result is downweighted in favor of all the more specific results. Searching google for "active cell labview" gives the correct result as first entry (only the 2011 version, but that's good enough. :D)

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 36
(6,012 Views)