BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little application to check for new Kudo's and new Messages within

Hi all.

Just for fun this weekend, I made a little program that can check for new Kudos. The pictures tell the story....

KMX ap.jpg

KMX with list.jpg

Richard

Message 1 of 5
(10,543 Views)

Here's the code saved down to 8.5... (it was made in 10)

Richard

Message 2 of 5
(10,540 Views)
  • The code will create a file on your root C drive: C:\KMXData.txt. If you have an issue with it being on C: root, go to the VI named "Get Last Saved Kudo List.vi and change the path.

• In the code, go to the "Recheck" state of the State Machine and look for the input to a VI named "user-id". Enter your user id there. To find your user ID, go to your profile page and look at the URL. It'll be a 4-digit number most likely.

• Note that if you choose to view the list, the items from the Idea Exchange are a different color than other posts.

• The program will operate once when you run it (or launch it if you make an EXE), from then on, you have to hit the "Recheck" button to see if you have new Kudos. Use the List view to make sense of what changed (most recent changes are at the top of the list).

Modify freely, make better, and have fun.

Richard

Message 3 of 5
(10,538 Views)

Nice message topics 🙂

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 4 of 5
(10,520 Views)

"Improved" (and I use that term loosely).

• New Interface with tiny buttons and no title bar
  • New "Move" button.
  • My replace string VI's was replaced by a NI vi which does the same thing
  • A bit more error checking, but still woefully lacking in that dept

Remember to put your User ID where it currently says XXXX on the root diagram. Do this ONLY at that spot (you'll see a comment about it).

new_kmx.jpg

Richard

Message 5 of 5
(10,415 Views)