From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A $9 Arduino from one of our own - nice...

Hey, that guy seems familiar...

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/9-arduino-compatible-starter-kit-anyone-can-learn-electronics

I actually ran across this when I saw someone post a generally favorable review of the result (he had some initial problems with installing the drivers) and noticed the name.

Too bad I missed out on this one.  Pretty hard to beat 9 bucks for an Arduino. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(13,316 Views)

Hey tst thanks for posting this. The campaign went very well making 15k boards can be a bit hecktic but the production is completed and has been completed for a while now. The next time I do a campaign I will def. post on the LabVIEW forum.

Thanks Harold

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
Message 3 of 7
(13,254 Views)

Congratulations, although before you rush to do another campaign, one of the comments where I saw this said that there are already other Leonardo clones out there for roughly the same price, although I have no idea what quality they are or what they include.

(13,235 Views)

There are def. other clones out there, but I also inform people about the process, so they know they are getting a quality product, plus they are getting a small components kit with every Arduino compatible board.

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(13,231 Views)

Thanks tst for posting this thread.  And thanks Harrold for all your contributions to Arduino...

Harrold, did you break even on making such a production?  You could not have made much profit at $9 per board.

Are you planning to sell boards at a regular price on your website?

I have not yet gotten into Arduino, but do plan to get into it..  I do have several ATMEL micro-controllers and I probably still have a multi-mc eval board (somewhere).

My multiple home projects should be stabilizing, and I probably won't start the audiophile project too soon...  But of course.... everything changes in an instant...  LOL!!

I am letting people know about your site.  A few enthusiasts... 

Cheers,

RayR

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(13,176 Views)

Hey Ray,

I was not planning on making money I broke even for the most part on this project and I am currently not planning on doing any selling on my website, but this could change in the future. Thank you for spreading the word.

Thanks,

Harold

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(12,939 Views)