From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 Kentucky Derby

I know the horse was not named after who we electrical engineerings think of (Harry Nyqiust), but I still find it funny that Nyquist won the Kentucky Derby.  Or maybe the other horses were faster, but aliased to a lower frequency?

Spoiler
Yes, I should probably leave these bad jokes to Jeff.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 1 of 5
(5,814 Views)

Ah, a joke sponsored by Nyquil.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,808 Views)

I once had to instrument race horses. A Vet that serviced the high end horses wanted to monitor vital signs while on the track. A small DAQ system that packed as part of the saddle and a laptop in the bleachers.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 5
(5,771 Views)

Let's Go Red Wings!  As referenced in the wiki article, the horses namesake:

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,761 Views)

@elset191 wrote:

Let's Go Red Wings!  As referenced in the wiki article, the horses namesake:

And to further foul the thread...

This time of the year I subject newly met people to what I call a very bad -audio-visual pun/riddle.

I start by taking all of the pens from my pocket protector and allign then on a desk in staggered fashion and then deliniate a "starting line" and an "Finish Line".

I then lean over close to the arragnement and start yelling very loudly "Go" "Go" "Go".

Then I asking the victims of the bad pun

"So what is the the answer to the riddle?"

Only our die-hard Penguins fan has ever guessed correctly.

Spoiler
Go Pens!

I did say it was a very bad pun did I not?

Ben  

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,745 Views)