BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 Kentucky Derby

I know the horse was not named after who we electrical engineerings think of (Harry Nyqiust), but I still find it funny that Nyquist won the Kentucky Derby.  Or maybe the other horses were faster, but aliased to a lower frequency?

Spoiler
Yes, I should probably leave these bad jokes to Jeff.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 1 of 5
(5,774 Views)

Ah, a joke sponsored by Nyquil.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,768 Views)

I once had to instrument race horses. A Vet that serviced the high end horses wanted to monitor vital signs while on the track. A small DAQ system that packed as part of the saddle and a laptop in the bleachers.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 5
(5,731 Views)

Let's Go Red Wings!  As referenced in the wiki article, the horses namesake:

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,721 Views)

@elset191 wrote:

Let's Go Red Wings!  As referenced in the wiki article, the horses namesake:

And to further foul the thread...

This time of the year I subject newly met people to what I call a very bad -audio-visual pun/riddle.

I start by taking all of the pens from my pocket protector and allign then on a desk in staggered fashion and then deliniate a "starting line" and an "Finish Line".

I then lean over close to the arragnement and start yelling very loudly "Go" "Go" "Go".

Then I asking the victims of the bad pun

"So what is the the answer to the riddle?"

Only our die-hard Penguins fan has ever guessed correctly.

Spoiler
Go Pens!

I did say it was a very bad pun did I not?

Ben  

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,705 Views)