NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums

BioBench

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
mudfud
0 Kudos

how to record ECG with labview

could you recommend a circuit to amplify the skin voltages measured for ECG? I have the acquistion board and software for a laptop.
Zhichao Chen
0 Kudos

Re: how to record ECG with labview

NI provides an amplifier with which isolation,gain, and filtering can be used. If you prefer designing the circuit on your own, I think you can refer to any bioelectronics book. I believe even the common circuit would work.
vivek885
0 Kudos

is it possible to record ECG signal wirelessly through WSN ni module or any other ni module .. plzz suggest n how will that help us to record ecg wirelessly with labview

Steve.J
0 Kudos

Yes - you can use a wireless DAQ product like the ones shown on this page:  http://www.ni.com/dataacquisition/wireless/

But - you still need an ECG amplifier to provide the needed amplification, filtering, and proper electrode interface to acquire clean ECG waveforms. Simple battery powered ECG circuit examples can be found easily on the web and the outputs will typically be compatible with the inputs of NI data acquisition modules.

The wireless sensor nodes (NI WSN) products are going to be too slow for ECG - they are meant for very slow signals like temperature.

Visit the NI Biomedical User Group at:
www.ni.com/biomedusers
vivek885
0 Kudos

thanku for replying my query sir , it certainly increased my other possilities... but here i m trying to figure out ECG recording in other way..basically the idea of body network sensors, see the link http://www.google.co.in/imgres?q=body+network+sensor&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbnid=...

here u see the electrodes on the body are attached to a module(fixed or fitted on belt) through wires... then this modul sends the recorded data to the other module(or computer) wirelessly , which is connected to computer n labview , to analyse the waveform or values  which is being recorded.... so is it possilble that any NI Module can act like the above module that i mentioned.. WSN NI module looked closed to fulfill my requirement ... so it is possible to measure biomedical signals through WSN NI module?? so can u plzz suggest me how can i proceed in this project!!!

thanking you!! 

Steve.J
0 Kudos

Sorry - at the moment NI doesn't have any product to communicate data wirelessly in the way you describe.

Visit the NI Biomedical User Group at:
www.ni.com/biomedusers
ARJUN90
0 Kudos

I complete the designing  front panel and block  diagram ..But I don't  understand How to interface the real time signal to the labview... I wish you would help me....

Knight of NI
Dennis_Knutson
0 Kudos

You should really have posted a new question instead of using an old and unrelated thread. This whole board is for an obsolete product and you shouldn't be posting here at all. Did you see the link above to the biomedical users group?

If you have really completed the design of the block diagram, then actually writing the code should be simple. Where exactly are you having problems? What hardware are you using?

When you post back, please attach the code you have already written so someone can understand your problem better.