NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums

BioBench

Tech Toad
0 Kudos

HRV Measurement

Hi,

I have attached my full program that measures ECG using DAQ (for now I am just reading data from a file, so I have replaced DAQ with Read from File). I am trying to measure Heart Rate and HRV, but I think there is a flaw in my programing bcoz of which I am not getting any sensible plotting of HR & HRV.

I am able to plot the ECG graph and my data is also good.

I would really appreaciate if any one can give me some pointers on this.

the data file that I am using can be downloaded from here:

http://uploading.com/files/get/589c764b/ECG%20Measurement.rar/

thanks already!!

Sponge
0 Kudos

Re: HRV Measurement

Hi Tech Toad,

I could not run your project because the WA Detrend.vi is missing. Could you please attache the complete project (it has to have a *.lvproj file).

Please could you specify your problem a bit more in detail and might add an screenshot of the waveform graph this would help me to debug your program code.

Kind regards

Andreas

ps: perhaps do you speak German? :smileywink:

Tech Toad
0 Kudos

Hi Sponge,

Thanks for the reply.

I have attached the program again and hopefull it should work well now.

My basic problem lies in when the program does all the calculations in order to finally display Heart Rate and a plot of  RR intervals.

I am sure that the method that I am following has some problem with it, but I am not able to figure out what.:manmad:

Please have a look and see if you can find the problem.

Thanks again.

ps: I am kind of learning german, so at this point am not able to conversate so well. :smileysad:

hv fun!

TT

Sponge
0 Kudos

Hi Tech Toad

I installed the obligate Toolkit (Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit) and behold I could run the project! :smileyhappy:

It works very well! ...no alerts or errors occured and all signal graphs show a continuous signal trace !

So please could you give me some more specific informations. Such as:

- Which signal trace/values du you expect?

- What are the differences to the signal you get?

At least I have to suggest you to add an error handling to your project. This helps a lot to debug your project! :smileywink:

Have a good one!

Andreas

Sujana
0 Kudos

Hey, I tried running this code with an ecg signal of .mat and .tdms format but it shows error as input empty and so on.... wat data format should i use to run t successfully? Hoping to get an answer soon! Thanx a lot :smileyhappy: 

Steve.J
0 Kudos

Hi Tech Toad,

You can find our free NI Biomedical Starter Kit on here the NI Labs website:  https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/ni-labs

It is a collection of example VIs for biomedical applications, including a nice file-format converter giving you easy access to sample data files on the MIT Physionet database.  The source-code version (available on request - see details at the bottom of the article) also gives you some palettes of signal processing VI's for ECG, EMG, and other biosignals.

Support for this starter kit is available on our Biomedical User Community here:  www.ni.com/biomedusers

Steve

Visit the NI Biomedical User Group at:
www.ni.com/biomedusers
coolbuddy
0 Kudos

power spectral cal of wavelet coefficient

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

please help me to fnd the spectral values of the wavelet coefficients of diff freq bands.

input signal to dwt is hrv 

udo.roth@fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
0 Kudos

Can you sent me your data-file for ecg-measurment? Thanks.

old link: http://uploading.com/589c764b/ECG-Measurement-rar