NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums
lumlumer
0 Kudos

CANNOT convert MIT format file to TDMS/LVM file

Hi,

I am pretty new to labview. 

I tried to use the file format converter to convert MITformat files into .tdms/.lvm, but having troubles doing so.

When I tried to pick the correct data file of MIT format, it only looks for  the header and annotation files, but not recognizing the signal file (in .DAT format). But the .dat file is the only file that I want to convert to .tdms/.lvm file(or other labview readable formats)....

What am i missing here?!

Thanks for helping!

Christy

ZJ.Gu

回复: CANNOT convert MIT format file to TDMS/LVM file

Hi,

For a standard MIT database file, it consists of at least two files - filename.hea and filename.dat. The .hea defines the sampling rate, bit format, channel info... Without hea, the file format converter could not know the detailed structure of the dat file.  I think if you download the dat somewhere, there should be a hea file. Try to place the two files in one folder and load in file format converter again.

You could post your question in biomedical user group - http://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/biomedical-user-group. This may be the best place.

Zhijun Gu

lumlumer
0 Kudos

Re: 回复: CANNOT convert MIT format file to TDMS/LVM file

Hi-

I did have the header file and the .dat at the same directory. :smileysad: so that didn't work for me.

esmaham
0 Kudos

Re: CANNOT convert MIT format file to TDMS/LVM file

Hi Christy,

A quick search returned the following Page . I will keep searching this issue , I'll post more information as soon as I get it. 

Thanks and have a great day. 

Esmail Hamdan | Applications Engineering | National Instruments

lumlumer
0 Kudos

I think i know where my problem lies.

The header file I am working with does not contain all the information like the sample header files have....

lumlumer
0 Kudos

Anyone familiar with the .hea format?

I could not fgure out how to make the output signal with a baseline at 0 (seems like that's something i can specify in the header to have the converter work properly?)