Bay Area LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLA Summit 2016 Presentation “LabVIEW, Interfaces & Traits” by Dmitry Sagatelyan

I gave this presentation at the Americas CLA Summit 2016 in Austin. Slide Stack can be found on NI Certified LabVIEW Architects Community Forum (access limited to CLAs). I am uploading it here for the rest of you, interested in new trends in expanding the power of Object Oriented Programming.

Abstract

Reusing properly engineered code saves time and money. OOP is currently the mainstream vehicle for driving Code Reuse. NI had responded to the industry trend by introducing LVOOP in LabVIEW 8.2. LVOOP is based on Single Inheritance and does not provide support for Interfaces or more recent code reuse mechanisms, such as Mixins or Traits.

This presentation provides an introduction to Interfaces, Mixins and Traits, focusing on SW Design Opportunities and Architectures we (G Developers) miss as a group, and is based on first-hand experience in designing/implementing a Real-Time Imaging System (LV 2013) using Traits implemented with Composition and Dependency Injection (sans Trait support in G).

This is cleaned-up version of the presentation I gave on 03/08/2016 at the CLA Summit in Austin.

The PowerPoint 2007 file (zipped), has a fair amount of animations and is best viewed in Slide Show mode. It also includes a large amount of Presenter Notes that are essential for better understanding the slides.

PDF file includes presenter notes, but lacks animations. To see notes either hover over an icon in the top left corner of a page (containing Notes) or right-click the icon and select “Open All Pop-ups” option.  Diagrams & images on slides with animations are stacked and often obscure images farther out along Z axis.

Enjoy,

Dmitry

Message 1 of 1
(4,671 Views)