Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xnet driver break down

XNET driver will break down when I use 9862 and 8513/2.  I use the latest version of XNET 15.0.

The main test purpose is test ECU sleep and Wake up. And I will call XNET Stop and XNET Start frequently.

The program step as below

1. I will create more than 120 Frame Out Single Point Session to control messages sending and stop, one session only contain one message

2. I Stop all sessions to stop all CAN messages to let ECU enter into sleep

3. Start one Network message session to start network message sending to wake up ECU

4. Wait 2s, then start other sessions to recover all messages sending.

The problems Occur when do above step

1. After stop and start XNET several times, cyclic message period time will not be correct. There are about 50 messages are cyclic messages, 3~4 messages cycle timee will not correct. Please refer to compare.png attachment. Message 17D cycle time is 100ms. Message 1F5 cycle time is 25ms.Message 370 cycle time is 50ms.

2. When ECU is in sleep mode, start network message session to send NM message, the first message will lead to many CAN bus ERROR. I use Read COMM to read CAN bus state, Transmit Error Count will reach 128 directly. And the Error time is about 170ms. And I use Vector CANoe to simulator this situation, the error time is also about 170ms, but error frame only have 16 times.For 9862, I create Frame input stream to monitor CAN bus, there are more than 100 CAN bus Error. Please refer to attachment BusError1 and Bus Error2.

3. If I continously repeat program steps, NI CAN card will break down. For 9862, I should unplug and plug USB cable to recover function and for 8513, I should restart computer. Please refer to attachmen NI Card Error. When error occurs, I try to reset 9862 and 8513 in NI MAX, it is not be efficient.

I am wondering whether this root cause is XNET limit to sessions amount? Because before we do this start and stop XNET testing, NI Card is working well.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,191 Views)

Hi Nibo,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I'm not entirely sure why this could be happening. I have a few questions to help narrow down the issue:

1) Are you using the ECU MC toolkit?

2) In NI MAX, are your ports being renamed? If so, are they all named CAN1?

3) Does this happen the first time you try to wake up the ECU or randomly after several attempts?

4) Did this work previously?

5) Has the firmware been updated recently?

6) Can you tell me more about your environment? (ie OS, version of LabVIEW, etc)

JD B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,083 Views)